SOV seeing a run

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you use the word run about a bank, I think > there’s only one meaning. > b/c you you cant think creatively, fishhead

chrismaths states: "Don’t use the phrase “run” around a bank unless there are queues on the streets. " With this statement you completely ignore the fact that “runs” can occur in cyberspace, as evidenced by the statements of banking insiders given in the article I linked to. By your logic, even if there are millions of customers withdrawing cash online and nobody in line, you wouldn’t consider that a bank “run” because, as you state, there are no “queues on the street.”

I think you need to reread this thread - I said nothing of the sort. I said to daj - don’t say “run” about a bank that isn’t experiencing a run, then make up the phrase “stock run” in order to pretend to be someone who knows about investment. I said to equity_analyst - your assertion that all bank runs are electronic is false. Two different points there.

EDITORS OF AF: Please remove this post and similar ones. How can you honestly allow this guy daj224 (his posting history speaks for itself) to start a thread of this topic, void of any facts? The only credible reason to go to message board and pronounce a bank run is MANIPULATION. I dont expect idiots like daj224 to care, but editors of AF, I do expect you to. FWIW, I think you guys should ban daj224 from AF.

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t walk into a theatre and shout “fire”. Don’t > use the phrase “run” around a bank unless there > are queues on the streets. > > And FFS STFU once in a while. Ok, I guess someone stole your id and posted the above then?

+1 to equity_analyst - fair point there. Intended meaning was “a run” - and “don’t use the phrase “run” around a bank unless there are queues on the streets or large online withdrawals of both retail and wholesale deposits are occurring” didn’t seem to have the same zing. Can I have metaphorical streets? :wink: The fact is that Sovereign bank was experiencing neither type of run, and daj was just try to cover his ignorance. If he’d just said “fair enough” and edited the title of the post, there was nothing more to say.

And I concede that I should have used the qualifier “some” when describing bank runs as being silent these days. Friends?

Nah. To the death!