SS 7 - TFP and Constant returns to scale

Alpha and beta are, respectively, the output elasticities of labor and capital, much like price and income elasticities of demand that you had at Level I. I’m sure that they’re estimated using regression analysis on a ton of data. what determines them will be things like the skill of the workforce, the education of the workforce, the level of technology (though, as mentioned above, not the change in technology; that’s another factor), and so on. They will, of course, change over time, and will be different in different economies.

So rickdmx is wrong?

I don’t have the CFA curriculum, so I don’t know how they presented it.

How can anyone possibly dispute the CFA cobb douglas function. Its probably on every official and unofficial mock in the world, and the textbook.

Nope: they’re not wrong. Constant returns to scale implies that α + β = 1.

Noticed the same thing while studying. Schw does it differently from CFAI. I chose to ignore Schw.

so are A and B always constant? Give me an example when they would change Mr. Magician?

Of course they’re not constant.

They’ll change with a change in technology (TFP). Beta will likely increase when technology improves.

They’ll change with a change in the productivity of the workforce. Alpha will likely increase with an increase in the productivity of the workforce.

But labour inputs would also change TFP?

Yes, potentially.

In short, it’s complicated.

^

yea magician that will be cfai explanation as well. Their way or the highway.

Did you ever doubt that?