Starting Hedge Fund -- Partner

How much capital does your partner have to bring in, or is sweat equity acceptable?

true dat. With that said I have heard many pitches in worse places than a message board…sad I know. Emarkhans, what you need is a catchy name and logo, that will help set the tone. I do wish you the best, but from a GP standpoint I have no interest and from a LP standpoint your track record is short, the performance could be due to a couple of decent hits, the AUM is probably pretty low, etc.

He still hasn’t answered my question about base salary and bonus potential. My interest level hinges on whether he can accurately gauge someone with my experience’s worth to his business.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^this would’ve been funnier if it had been written > by someone looking for a hedge fund partner. Hello, Your resume was found on the job site. We examined your candidacy and want to offer you a position in our company. If your resume changed, please send us an updated version to email, indicated at the end of the letter. My name is Maria Bowman, I am a employee manager in the company Poland Investments Inc. Briefly about our company: we deal with selling and purchasing of certificates of metal in Europe. Our central office is located in Poland. The first license for activity in Poland was provided in 1998. Nowadays, we have our offices and employees all over the world. We work with individual clients, as well as with corporations. We offer ideal conditions of work. Once in a year we grant a 2-week vacation on the resorts of Poland. All our employees are provided with a whole kit to have the possibility of working in every part of the world. Absolutely gratuitous we grant a laptop (brand Dell, HP or Apple) and mobile phone (brand Blackberry or iPhone), we pay for internet access and mobile communication. We aren’t standing still and that is why having the European market conquered we move on to reach the U.S. one. The primary stage - is to form the staff. And namely you are offered a position in dynamically developing company. At the stage of forming the staff we offer a possibility of flexible schedule or part-time occupancy. Annual salary is $125,000. We appreciate well-educated employees; that is why if you have MBA, the raise in the salary is granted. Each certificate of degree is individual that is why the markup must be stipulated with head manager, after being accepted for employment. With the expansion of the influence of our company in the U.S. market, promotion track is naturally granted to you. We are always glad to answer all your questions and stipulate the conditions of collaboration. You can get in touch with us by phone (from 8 am till 6 pm, Monday-Friday) or through email in any time, convenient for you. We are looking forward to your answer. Maria Bowman, Poland Investments maria.bowman.pi.inc@googlemail.com

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How much capital does your partner have to bring > in, or is sweat equity acceptable? Sweat equity acceptable in exchange for share of business.

Would you be willing to process an H1 work visa?

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > true dat. > > With that said I have heard many pitches in worse > places than a message board…sad I know. > Emarkhans, what you need is a catchy name and > logo, that will help set the tone. I do wish you > the best, but from a GP standpoint I have no > interest and from a LP standpoint your track > record is short, the performance could be due to a > couple of decent hits, the AUM is probably pretty > low, etc. Well, if you have no interest I better throw in the towel. The performance could be due to a couple decent hits … but it isn’t. And the AUM is pretty low, but not a thing would have changed, including the performance, if you added 3 or 4 zeros because there would have been no problem and no economic difference from establishing the same positions with 3 or 4 zeros added. The names in the book would show that clearly. Do you actually think it’s impossible to look at the book and see whether or not it’s scalable?

That’s funny.

no, I dont think it is difficult to tell the scalability of a portfolio. My comment regarding the AUM is aimed at this: as an investor with capital to deploy, if your strategy is 1M total, what should I realistically be thinking of putting in? I dont want to be the majority of the capital, and in the overall scheme of the portfolio an investment in a fund this small wouldn’t do much for a performance standpoint even if you shoot the lights out. It’s not a shot at you. Also as far as me saying I have no interest in a GP role, well you are the one who is soliciting for the role in your post, my response was just a simple answer

emarkhans, I could potentially be interested. IIRC, your strategy is mostly distressed debt oriented. Assuming you have skill (no reason not to at this point), I would think that strategy should perform very nicely over the next 5 years or so. I myself am more macro-, quant-, and equity-oriented, but could be interested in learning how distressed debt is done. I don’t have any capital to contribute, however. brucebiz_wi at the yahoo place if you want to talk.

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no, I dont think it is difficult to tell the > scalability of a portfolio. My comment regarding > the AUM is aimed at this: as an investor with > capital to deploy, if your strategy is 1M total, > what should I realistically be thinking of putting > in? I dont want to be the majority of the capital, > and in the overall scheme of the portfolio an > investment in a fund this small wouldn’t do much > for a performance standpoint even if you shoot the > lights out. > > It’s not a shot at you. Also as far as me saying I > have no interest in a GP role, well you are the > one who is soliciting for the role in your post, > my response was just a simple answer Not that I was seeking LP money through a public message board, but it has nothing to do with the chunk of the portfolio any particular investor’s money is. If there’s 1M AUM and you add 2M and the 3M delivers 15% in the next 12 months, your return is … um … 15%. It’s really not that complicated.