Starting tomorrow

From what i have read, people have used schweser and/or CFAI . to each his own. what matters is to do CFAI EOC and Past AM papers

Tomorrow has arrived.as if by magic :slight_smile:

Vicky

3 months to complete one pass seems unlikely for me. i am targetting march end to finish.and April onwards mocks, EOC and practice questions.

Looks like today to me.

Thanks man. past AM and EOCs are surely on my agenda.BBs not sure.

Yes the material may be less as compared to LII but the depth of understanding required is more so yes it is taking longer to read. all the best!

Thanks but I have already started. I suppose you will start in February.

Thanks. I have started already and plan to use a mix of CFAI and schweser. Plan to finish by end of march leaving last 2 months for practice questions , EOC, past AM papers and any other practice material i can find.

From my limited experience having just read 22 readings of the CFAI text, I can see that reading CFAI twice will not be possible for me. I will do selected readings twice and potentially try and supplement the second reading with Schweser where possible.

It looks like being eloquent at the answers will be crucial, and reading does not develop that. Questions deepen your understanding far more effectively, I think. Hope it works out that way.

brevity more than eloquence.yup practice is a must.

I also encourage you to start early.

Don’t listen to the guys that never took level III. I started studying level II in February after receiving the results of level I, and I passed despite a huge pile of work at the office. Since then (and it was some years ago :wink: ) I have been struggling to try and pass level III.

It’s way more about learning by heart than level I and II. And the understanding is really key as well, because it’s very qualitative while I and II are really quantitative. I find that it takes more time to learn. I studied for Level III seriously once and i failed: when I arrived at the exam I had barely done one mock exam, although I started studying quite early. But I never felt satisfied enough with my level of understanding and retention of the material to move to the exercises…

So to summarize: it takes plenty of time!