Strategy for final review

grace grace Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > i seem to be in the same lane as you …except…i > am just wandering whether after the cfai texts, i > shouldn’t go over them again before going to book > 6? > wad u tink: merits and demrits of going book 6 > before texts vs texts again before book 6? I would do 1 AM or PM from Book 6 to get a feel of where you are and then go through the text again on areas of weaknesses before attempting another book 6 exam … my 2 cents

do you intend to do a whole exam in one day from Book 6 or taking a morning one, work on questions and the wrong answers and then take the afternoon exam another time? Time is always an issue for me so I dont know whether I should do a whole exam morning and evening on the weekend… Any suggestions?

wonder2008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > do you intend to do a whole exam in one day from > Book 6 or taking a morning one, work on questions > and the wrong answers and then take the afternoon > exam another time? > > Time is always an issue for me so I dont know > whether I should do a whole exam morning and > evening on the weekend… > > Any suggestions? That’s it. I would do one of them first (AM or PM), review the sections you had problems with and then take the other one on another day.

I begin my posters tonight. One for each topic. Tape them to my walls and on the ceiling above my bed. Nothin like waking up in the morning and the first thing you see is put-call parity. plus, the chicks dig it. “you want to come back to my place and check out my synthetic european call option?”

For the last 2 weeks I will not read the text unless I need further clarification on some question I may not understand the answer to. …otherwise 14 days of question hell with a day or 2 off in between to clear the brain. 4 Step process: 1. Get up do questions and answers until dinner. 2. Relax. 3 Repeat steps 1 & 2 until the day before the exam. 4. Keep fingers crossed and hope for the best. Don’t know a better way for me…

grace grace Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ruhi, > > i seem to be in the same lane as you …except…i > am just wandering whether after the cfai texts, i > shouldn’t go over them again before going to book > 6? > wad u tink: merits and demrits of going book 6 > before texts vs texts again before book 6? I am revising everything right now. And I’m not going to spoil a book 6 test now because I know that I’m not ready to take a test on all 18 SS’s. It’s best to take it when you feel a little confident. Right now, I’m not done revising everything. I want to finish revising everything and do a couple of more 100 questions from the Qbank before even looking at book 6. Finishing book 6 won’t take much time. What’s the hurry? I don’t understand. And if you’re worried about judging where u stand, why not just make a 60 question test from the Qbank with only advanced questions? That way you wont be wasting book 6. I’m definitely all for texts before book 6. That’s how it will be for the real exam too— revising everything BEFORE taking the actual test.

I have read all books. Some of them twice. My “final” plan is this: - Continue reading Schweser every day - Soon starting with qbank (maybe 20-60 per day) - Doing all exercises in Schweser and CFAI book 2-3 weeks before exam: - Doing book 6 and maybe book 7 - Qbank a lot - Reviewing all books again (fast) Last day: - 2-3 hours reading Schweser - 2-3 beers in the evening - > makes me sleep better!