Studying only from Schweser, anyone?

I just started studying with the CFAI books. Whoop dee doo. It’s going to be a long road ahead. I have a lot of time after work and on the weekends now to get some studying under my belt.

I read a good line on the Level III forum…not sure if it has been said before around here. “CFAI books are used to get a perfect score. Schweser/Stalla are used to pass the exam”…or something along those lines.

I only used Schweser for level 1 last June, and because I’m getting a late start for Level 2 right now, I’m planning to only use Schweser again.

I started mid september and have so far covered FRA, Econ, Quantz and Corp Fin - mostly using CFAI. But l feel l have no more time to lose and worse still l will be travelling a lot from now on (on buz) till may. I am going to rely mostly on Schweser and use CFAI whenever l get well and truly stuck. I am just wandering how you guyz are managing the ‘forgetting what you covered’ bit? Right now trying to recall what l learnt on time series analysis in quantz is so blurred l am panicking. I am trying for passing L2 the first time.

I’ve read all the CFAI Texts first since they were available earlier and now just finished the Schweser Notes. After reading both, I feel the CFAI Texts would be more helpful as a reading tool after getting familar with the material from reading all the Schweser first. If I had the choice, I would read Schweser first and then CFAI Texts to fill in any holes. Timing didn’t allow me to do this, but I think this would be very beneficial for someone starting now. If only one choice, than no doubt I would choose Schweser.

Investor83 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve read all the CFAI Texts first since they were > available earlier and now just finished the > Schweser Notes. After reading both, I feel the > CFAI Texts would be more helpful as a reading tool > after getting familar with the material from > reading all the Schweser first. If I had the > choice, I would read Schweser first and then CFAI > Texts to fill in any holes. Timing didn’t allow me > to do this, but I think this would be very > beneficial for someone starting now. > > If only one choice, than no doubt I would choose > Schweser. When you say read, do you mean literally just read and took little if any notes. I go through Stalla and literally pick apart every sentence and compare it to the CFA text. Notes are the only thing that make me actually learn…if I just read it would go completely over me head. This question isnt supposed to be negative but rather just wondering?

Thanks a lot everyone, for most people in this thread have reaffirmed my faith that i can get thru level 2 with only Schweser n EOC ques… I am starting to study from now (I knw its a bit too late), anyone have any other suggestions as to what i shud start with or what shud be teh POA, kindly help mee valecha.vijay@gmail.com