Surprised this hasn't been discussed more.

Ok, well I’m sorry you made a stupid mistake but you said “but what state sponsored attacks have occurred within the US?” without qualification like someone with no idea what they are talking about so I educated you. The rest of your points have been pretty weak so I made no assumptions since your statements reflected no such knowledge. You even tried to go back with some pathetic “Hawaii wasn’t technically a state” point which is irrelevant since you originally said “within the US” and I did not claim it was a state. But nice try at regaining some form of ground.

But since we’re going to be pedantic about it, show me a list anywhere that has ISIS on it as a recognized sovereign state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

Not here.

Not on the UN’s page.

Can’t see it on CIA factbook.

Is the threshold just that someone says it’s true? Like when the crazy guy on the corner tells you he’s Abe Lincoln?

^ I assume you have some idea what you’re talking about, so don’t be so hard on yourself. You clearly think it’s okay for people to try to kill Americans in Texas, so we’re done here.

Nope, I’m glad they got waxed. Try again, sad little troll.

^ uncalled for

Yeah, he’s teetering on nutjob. Might give him some room so he doesn’t get pushed over the edge.

You’re just bitter about the Baltimore thread.

Call it a tie boys. You both have the same number of points at 7820, when reading posts 22-23.

Can we lock the thread now?

By no means trolling, trying to engage in an honest intellectual discussion of a situation that is very much a gray area. Although ISIS is not officially recognized by our government, the UN, etc., they control significant territory and a significant population and very well could be a recognized state in the relatively near future (think Yugoslavia in the late 80’s). While currently labelled as a terrorist group, they are very different than other terrorist groups in that they make no effort to hide. In fact, they do the exact opposite.

So, assuming these two yahoos actually were sanctioned agents of a quasi-state, we had an albeit pathetic attack on US citizens within the continental US, something that hasn’t occurred in nearly 100 years. I find that fascinating and was seeking a thoughtful discussion of the situation. It seems you are unable to explore gray areas though, so I’ll leave you to your black and white world.

I’m a little bitter that six lives are ruined because a drug dealing thug on probation decided to be uncooperative. Does anyone disagree that the thug would be alive today if he cooperated with police. The thug was on probation. He can be stopped at anytime for any reason. The da conveniently didn’t mention that. Civil suits by the police to come. By the way, who are you going to call when you are being victimized by criminals? Can’t trust the popo.

I’ll call the A-Team.

It is not relevant If Isis is a state for it to deserve a military response…

Thread drift alert but this is just plain ridiculous. I would read and respond to you more if you didnt post this kind of illogic.

Plantir, no, it’s not but I already made my point about the military response.

Higgs then wanted to discuss whether this was some historic event meriting special treatment because it was in his mind carried out by a state. That’s how we got where we are.

^Yep, was responding to the Higgs boson there…his point is kind of moot. Anyways this is a state that nobody recognizes, even the Taliban had a few guys recognizing them.

good riddance to the drug dealer. they should throw a cheap parade for those cops

Thanks, but I’m not from a broken home. Not really looking for attention…I would love to have some of these discussions in person though. Guessing the tone might be different once our endowments and backgrounds are revealed.

Did they ever find another crowd funding site? Might as well send a few bucks.

As far as I am concerned, gangrape is the enemy of all members of society and we must all do our best to address this social problem.

I agree. Five women took it to me in a German brothel years ago. I’m scarred for life.

WTF - thanks, but not into sword fights.

Also, I naively assumed that posting something is for others to read and react to, not necessarily implying an attention grab. Not just an exercise in shouting inanities until the sane posters stop contributing. Maybe I was wrong.