Taleb FT Article 10 Points of Black Swan...

I see it more as including gaffano Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gaffano Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I do to. However, I think he wrote an FT article > a > > few months back, putting some of the blame on > CFAI > > for teaching/promoting bad, out-dated financial > > concepts…( I could be mis-stating some of his > > points…) > > > I think he includes CFAI under #3… I think he inclludes it and the students it produces more in # 6

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > His knock against academia is based on the fact > that the creators of widely accepted theory defend > them to the death for their own self interests, > keeping new creative/better theories from bubbling > up. I mostly agree with this. But that is prevalent in most of corporate Amercia. The auto companies have been stiffeling innovation for decades. Many companies would rather buy up and shelve new technologies to protect their profits then integrate them. This is a side effect of our Capitalist system.

flynnch Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JustPass Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > His knock against academia is based on the fact > > that the creators of widely accepted theory > defend > > them to the death for their own self interests, > > keeping new creative/better theories from > bubbling > > up. I mostly agree with this. > > > But that is prevalent in most of corporate > Amercia. The auto companies have been stiffeling > innovation for decades. Many companies would > rather buy up and shelve new technologies to > protect their profits then integrate them. This > is a side effect of our Capitalist system. There’s not much point in selling innovative products when consumers aren’t willing to buy them at a price where cheaper substitutes are readily available. This is a side effect of supply and demand. http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2009-03-05-used-hybrids_N.htm