Terror attack in NYC

Now is not the time guys… now is not the time. Remember that just a month ago in vegas, pepperage farm remembers.

The time was a long time ago. Better it be addressed immediately than never.

Whoosh.

i agree, we should have addressed gun control long ago. Right after the vegas shooting was a good a time as any… countdown to the next one!

Also found funny: alt righters ripped the mayor of london for saying terror attacks were “part & parcel” of living in a big city. No one really reacted to Bill O’reilly claiming mass shootings were the “price of our freedom” Lets be consistent guys!

Gun control was addressed back in 1791!

^^ So to be clear, you equate the major of London (one of the most important cities in the world) to a disgraced, bigoted, racist media personality? Got it.

fair point - and while not as blatantly expressed its the general theme of the “not now guys” after a mass shooting from a white guy, but lets cram immigration reform after a terrorist attack.

The administration dodged questions about gun control for days with the “not now guys” routine, but it took trump all of an hour or two to jump on the ban muslims train.

Well, it would be great if the US adopted a meritocratic immigration system like many other countries. I don’t think there should be any reason to discuss that or not discuss that concept at any time.

Funny how for like two centuries it wasn’t really addressed at all, until a heavily partisan vote and an inane, cherry-picked opinion written by Scalia (which conveniently left the first part about a well regulated militia off entirely, just like the NRA does) apparently settled it once and for all. Originalism yo!

Give me a fucking break.

Not sure how many Trump rallies you watched last year but extreme vetting is something he and his supporters have felt strongly about for a long time.

and gun control has been something dems have felt strongly about for a long time. It doesnt change the fact that when its mentioned after a mass shooting its never the right time, immediately yet apparently after a terrorist attack IS the right time. The mental gymnastics you people use is mind boggling, at least be internally consistant.

What’s there to even talk about on gun control? If anything, the restrictions need to be looser. You can’t even buy a suppressor, where I’m from with out special paper work and a long wait.

They didn’t feel very strongly about it in 2009 or 2010 when they controlled the White House and both houses of congress. Not a single new gun control bill was even introduced.

Oh well in that case I guess there’s nothing to talk about then. I honestly didn’t even consider that. Praying for you.

If this were true, why was nothing done during Obama’s first term when they controlled the WH and both congressional houses?

Because they didnt have 60 votes and to my understanding there was no way to use reconciliation on gun control. Why burn political capital on something that you cant push through? Being minority party you get to sling as much poo at the wall as you want (and R’s did just that during that time)

Democrats have nothing to gain by pushing gun control. They know it will go nowhere, and it will make them look like sore losers with no new arguments. Their voters want a refreshed, credible platform for the next elections.

So what you’re saying is, Trump has obliterated the hysterical left and the new paradigm is moving towards a rational middle? Where have I heard that before?

I agree it’s not a good strategy. Just spare me the “1791” bullshit when any talk of gun control or the Second Amendment comes up.

Also, LOL @ obliterating the left. They’ve come out in force to resist essentially everything he’s tried to do.

I am not saying that is what is happening, but that is what they should be doing. Unfortunately, when Hillary was defeated, Democrats have used that as an excuse to reject the Democrat party establishment and move even further to the left. Hillary lost because she sucks, not because of her moderate views (as much as coastal people would like to believe it, a Bernie Sanders esque platform would have abyssmal prospects on the national stage). However, in losing she has damaged the centrist view that she is associated with. Now, not only do Democrats need to deliver a reasonable platform, which they should have won with, but they have to deliver a highly appealing platform that reverses their earlier damage.