The 2016 POTUS Debate Thread

Moderator and questions were bias. I would have been pissed and interrupted too. Go Trump!

its unreal for a candidate to wing it.

what is his campaign thinking?

Didn’t see there was a special thread on the topic, posting thoughts here…

Agree with ONE of Trump’s statements – stocks are in a bubble, once Obama retires, then the fed raises rates, and then the market crashes.

Wait, agree with TWO of Trump’s statements – “USA is like a 3rd world country”.

Conclusion – well it’s over, one thing is clear; Trump is an amateur. Guy rambles about nothing, he totally lost his mind near the end, embarrassing. Clinton doesn’t normally have to address some random sperm that unfortunately formed into a semi-human.

True, but frank comments from some random idiot are worthless. Guy needs experience and A FEASIBLE PLAN.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/14504568_1476557049038105_3129720618233102336_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjU0MCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&rl=540&vabr=300&oh=264dfe95ee98de0dfb97532efd679ec3&oe=57EA2540

I’m at work. What happened at 21:00 ES rallied 20pts.

https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/14514952_1755816631349387_1964271849370025984_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQxNSwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoidjNfNDI2X2NyZl8yM19tYWluXzMuMF9zZCJ9&rl=415&vabr=231&oh=ff1d0d87ee7238dbeae49da59db89dc9&oe=57EA31EF

What a disappointment. The moderator didn’t enforce any of the rules or time limits.

Trump would have done better if he didn’t answer half the questions. Oh well.

Are we onto v2, or is it time for the “nut job from Indiana” vs the “human sweater vest” h/t John Oliver ?

Oh, watching debate replays. I see…Trump proves himself an obvious idiot. Clinton wins!

You appreciate the scripted responses that offer no material information? I must have watched a different debate because I thought Trump has better ideas and has the nation in his best interest.

Image result for hillary clinton shimmy

Trump did not have his best performance and kept repeating same thing over and over. However the moderator was so clearly pro-Clinton and was actually debating/fact checking Trump on Hillary’s behalf at times and the questions did not even mention Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, etc. Clinton has no charisma whatsoever and her responses were extremely rehearsed.

They need to allow the moderator to shut off he microphones when the candidate has exceeded their time limit by 10 or 15 seconds.

That and the email thing. Holt brought it up after Trump delivered his best jab of the night, but then Holt allowed Hillary off when she simply replied that it was a mistake to use a private server. How about at least asking her why she repeatedly lied to the FBI and Congress?

While I agree somewhat, that is what any candidate should expect when they blatantly lie (“I never said China invented global warming”) or simply don’t know the facts (“stop and frisk wasn’t ruled unconstitutional”).

I mean he still says: https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385

I really don’t like Hill, and by all accounts I should like Trump. I just can’t. He is a complete fool with no grasp of reality.

The moderator questions were neutral and did not target any candidate specific issue. It was Trump’s failure that he did not bring up any of Clinton’s many controversies. For instance, when Lester asked how they would address Cyber Security, all Trump should have done is attack Clinton’s mistreatment of controversial emails, calling her criminally negligent on information security*. Yet, he failed to even once mention Clinton’s biggest scandal. In the 30 minutes dedicated to Foreign Policy, Trump did not mention Benghazi and failed to raise questions on Clinton’s competency in foreign affairs.

So my take is that Trump had plenty of easy shots, and could have dominated the debate against a compromised opponent. However, his lack of direction, ego, and inexplicably incoherent tangents handed Clinton an easy “victory”.

*Clinton even brought this up herself, when he mentioned that she spent 11 hours testifying in front of a Congressional panel.

I thought Trump started off very well and then went steadily downhill.

The perfect summary. Although I will not be voting for Trump, I was really hoping for a Trump victory and he failed to deliver.

Did Trump insinuate last night that Chris Christie hacked into the DNC computer system?

The moderator was biased. He asked Trump to directly defend five topics while neglecting a dozen Clinton scandals.

Neither debater won. They both lost. Trump with his interrupting style and Clinton with her unconvincing plastic smile and robotic rehearsed answers. What a phony.

Clinton did succeed in getting under Trump’s skin, but she failed to provide even one accomplishment upon which her 30 years of political experience could rest. Instead, she used her husband and her father as crutches.

The part that got to me was the email scandal. Hillary said that “It was a mistake and I take full responsibility.” Really? You take full responsibility? Then that would mean that you accept the consequences and go to prison for breaking the law for intentionally not securing top secret information.

Imagine what it would have looked like if a third person were up there who acted rational? That person would’ve been the star.