The "Be careful to:" Thread

Return presentation: - Ethics: gross OR net of management fees - Code: BOTH gross and net (together with fee schedule, projection of fees…) - GIPS: gross OR net of management fees MH

Grinold and Kroner : - if real growth, use “g + i” - if nominal growth, use “g” i.e. without inflation already included in g. MH

Utility adjusted return: use VARIANCE and not standard deviation

bump

Jscott24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahh - good to know > > > Include inflation BEFORE adjusting an after-tax > return to a pre-tax return this does not seem tke case within CFAI 2009 answers for the Individual IPS …

Dsylexic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Accrual accounting for dividends in GIPS: > Recommendation -not Requirement thoought Accrual Accounting had to be used everywhere, even for divs, can anyone confirm or not whether it is mandatroy/recommendation? thanks

It is required for fixed income securities… but only recommended for Dividends…

is it not that in GIPS for Private Equity, we have to report both gross and net SI-IRR?? mhannebert Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Return presentation: > - Ethics: gross OR net of management fees > - Code: BOTH gross and net (together with fee > schedule, projection of fees…) > - GIPS: gross OR net of management fees > > MH

great thread! does anyone have the items mentioned above compiled in a single document? I hate to go through all these posts and create a document if someone has already done it and can share. Let me know. I am at asht70@yahoo.com

If someone has compiled this thread just post it here, so others can benefit. Thanks

Ashwin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > great thread! > does anyone have the items mentioned above > compiled in a single document? I hate to go > through all these posts and create a document if > someone has already done it and can share. Let me > know. I am at asht70@yahoo.com Cripes… I was going to post a fake email demanding that someone send me the list as a joke. HAHA I’ll add another: make sure you do not eat Mexican food the night before the exam.

This thread’s fantastic. Good idea to add stuff now, as reviewing. Would add for commodities forwards/futures: - lease rate reduces the forward price - storage costs increases " " - convenience yield reduces " " I ate Mexican the night before the L3 exam last year… f****g dumb. Maybe I don’t deserve to pass.

malek_bg, in the 2009 exam they gave the AT expenses & pension income as of the 1st retirement year. So, no need to inflate?

This is a great thread! does anyone have all these in a single document and can share? I am at asht70@yahoo.com I hate to go through all the posts and create a document from the scratch if someone has already done it.

thats because you are lazy

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thats because you are lazy no, because I am smart. I’d rather not repeat the unnecessary labor and use that time to create something that I can share with others.

Subtract the initial amount when calculating tax drag in accrual taxation.