The "Breaking Bad" thread

My wife doesn’t like it. But to be fair, she’s only two episodes in. And by forcing her to watch it, I’m taking her away from the other show she’s currently binge-watching: “Once Upon A Time”. What a crappy show.

I wasn’t crazy about it. I watched all episodes and thought some were really good (train episode) but never really got how people rank it among the best shows ever up there with the Wire and Sopranos.

I forced myself to watch 4 seasons of Breaking Bad and thought it was meh. Not too bad but not terribly interesting either and kind of dragging. Doesn’t even touch the Wire.

I agree. Wire and GOT over BB any day of the week.

Welp, time to update the ban list.

AMC has a Breaking Bad marathon on today - I forgot how good this show was - hadn’t seen it in a while lol - Ken Wins [video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NlMwYTF5To]

Been binge watching better call Saul. Such a fucking good show. You gotta stick with it until they get into Mike’s back story it really picks up.

+1 on this. BB is no Sopranos, in my opinion. Not even close.

I thought Bryan Cranston’s acting was distractingly poor. (Though his portrayal of Walter White earned him four Emmy Awards, so what do I know.)

Also, how do they expect us to root for a character that mass-manufactures meth?

I should probably watch sopranos at some point

I just watched the episode about the fly.

If there was a point there, I missed it completely.

There is a Yuuge point. Trust me.

that was probably the only episode of breaking bad that i didn’t enjoy.

The Americans is a 1000x better than this garbage.

Such an underrated show

+1, so far. (Just finished Season 3, so I might change my mind about this.)

And also, I think they did the right thing by giving us some more Saul. Everything that guy says is hilarious. I’m looking forward to some “Better Call Saul” after BB.

Better Call Saul started out as a comedy, but it is evolving like BB did to more somber/serious (still funny).

Also, I googled the fly episode because I forgot. Looks like some people think it was the best bottle episode of all time. TIL bottle episode is a low budget episode filmed to save money for other episodes

Yeah, after watching it, I looked it up on the Breaking Bad wiki to see what it was all about.

Just finished season 4. Kinda sad that I’m on the last season.

Better Call Saul almost lost me at season 1 but season 2 and 3 are really good… just watch it

I’m 5 or 6 episodes into season 1 of BCS and keep falling asleep while watching.

I thought I watched all the episodes, but vaguely remember only Seasons 1 - 4 being on netflix a while ago and season 5 wasn’t out yet or something. Anyway, I saw the end of season 4 and with Gus getting blown up and all I guess in my mind that was the end.

lol, until this thread I didn’t remember I hadn’t seen season 5 Finally watched it though. Good season. Good ending.

Season 5 was good because it gave some semblance of the repurcussions to certain decisions made in life, where Season 4 ended kind of with Heisenburg being on top and that “he won.”