The end of Wall St's Boom

Have you ever seen the power point “Subprime Primer”? Same point, much shorter and a lot funnier.

> Come on now, with interest rates and asset prices > where they are do you REALLY think it will take > years? Please educate yourself about money and credit (which is money) and you’ll see why yes I REALLY think it will take years. Fed policy is FAILING. Ben is a student of the Great Depression, yet his theories on how to avoid or shorten deflation simply are NOT working in practice. We’re stuck in a liquidity trap. Ben can’t reflate unless he monetizes and his monetization has to exceed private sector debt destruction/pay-off/removal that is happening in the here and now for him to defeat the deflation monstrosity. Even if he monetizes there has to be a debt TAKER. Good luck with that Ben. Anybody who bet on inflation once the Fed started to cut and introducing liquidity facilities has gotten his/her head chopped off. Wall Street doesn’t exist without inflation. Period.

cfa_gremlin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Come on now, with interest rates and asset > prices > > where they are do you REALLY think it will take > > years? > > > Please educate yourself about money and credit > (which is money) and you’ll see why yes I REALLY > think it will take years. Fed policy is FAILING. > Ben is a student of the Great Depression, yet his > theories on how to avoid or shorten deflation > simply are NOT working in practice. We’re stuck > in a liquidity trap. Ben can’t reflate unless he > monetizes and his monetization has to exceed > private sector debt destruction/pay-off/removal > that is happening in the here and now for him to > defeat the deflation monstrosity. Even if he > monetizes there has to be a debt TAKER. Good luck > with that Ben. Anybody who bet on inflation once > the Fed started to cut and introducing liquidity > facilities has gotten his/her head chopped off. > Wall Street doesn’t exist without inflation. > Period. Not saying the aggregate economy/world will recover overnight, I just think the small niches, ‘ponzi schemes’ if you will, may emerge a lot faster… Wall Street as a whole may not be profitable but who ever really cared about that to begin with?

“Wall Street as a whole may not be profitable but who ever really cared about that to begin with?” Our Government which is Wall Street. And why they are doing everything, from violating The Constitution to floating insolvent banks, to try to keep Wall Street afloat. I stand by my forecast that the Treasury market is going to be the last stronghold to fall (dislocate) before this catastrophe is over.

cfa_gremlin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Wall Street as a whole may not be profitable but > who ever really cared about that to begin with?” > > > Our Government which is Wall Street. And why they > are doing everything, from violating The > Constitution to floating insolvent banks, to try > to keep Wall Street afloat. > > I stand by my forecast that the Treasury market is > going to be the last stronghold to fall > (dislocate) before this catastrophe is over. Martin Hennecke, senior manager of private clients at Tyche predicted US Treasuries to lose AAA rating yesterday.

“Yet they just kept on growing, along with the sums of money that they doled out to 26-year-olds to perform tasks of no obvious social utility” I like this line the best because in my now 9+ years in the biz I’m really starting the see the “value” in what I do. I say “value” because just under half of my clients actually benefit from what I do. Most would be just as well served, long-term sticking to an ETF strategy net of fees. Gross of fees I can see myself outperform an index by 200 to 300 basis points, who can’t. But there are clients of mine who I know. KNOW. Would smoke most people here including yours truly in a pure stock picking contest. So I somewhat agree with PTtrainer. Willy