The Great Green North

^Thanks! We’ll see. Both ACB and MEDFF halted.

Medreleaf acquisition confirmed, 34% premium from current price:

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/482519231.html

Nice job. I have no idea about this space

whats legit here?

As always, do your own DD. The market is extremely volatile. However, things like legalization are once in a lifetime regulatory changes that should present opportunities. I’ve focused more on companies that license product, produce extracts, operate dispensaries or provide a service to the industry. Reddit’s weedstocks subreddit is a good place to get a look at some relevant companies, but 60% of the posts on there are just pumping their names.

check out TGOD - fully licensed producer of plant & just approved to make oil products. Just completed the largest canadian pot IPO in history, Aurora owns a large stake & frankly will probably buy the company at some point over the next year or two. Money raised will be used to creat a massive new production facility in quebec & they already have an agreement to sell to both Aurora & SAQ (i believe thats the name, the booze dealer in quebec) so their sales channel is strong & the management team has a track record of success

full disclosure - im long TGOD so take with a grain of salt as this is the bull case

you guys shoulda got in on TGOD … killing it!

LEAF up 10% today. Debating how long to hold.

What’s going on with TGOD, hype or reasonable…basically: you selling or holding?

where can i get free access to indsutry report on mary j. asking for a friend

Don’t think you’re going to find any from reputable sellside shops. Plenty of crap on SA though.

Didn’t dawn on me that Canada’s vote to legalize is today. Should be interesting.

C-45 passed. Cannabis legalized in Canada.

prob a bit of both… im holding as i have shares pre-ipo with a 6mo lockup. Also have warrants to exercise at some point.

realistically they have a fairly ambitious long term plan to develop a massive grow facility in quebec and have signed SAQ (i believe thats it, the liquor store in quebec) on to purchase wholesale from them to sell at locations throughout quebec. They also have an agreement to sell a substantial amount (believe up to 20% of production) to Aurora, who also took a fairly large state in TGOD. I feel there is a fairly decent chance Aurora takes them over at some point to enhance their production capabilities and further vertically integrate the pipeline. they also just announced they were approved to sell THC infused beverages/pen oils & a large beverage production facility they are going to build. its certainly not a home run, this is an early state company & it carries the operational risk as such. that said the management team is experienced in launching cannabis companies and i think they have done a good job so far.

All right, I went in on four MJ stocks today. About 5% of my overall portfolio into:

APHQF, GWPH, CBWTF, and TGOD (last one purely because it was mentioned here. Did zero due diligence.)

The first three I actually did research and like. I wasn’t at all aware of CBWTF but since they’re ripping off the business model of one of my favorite companies of all time SLW (or whatever it is now), I bought on spec. GW Pharma for personal reasons as I know the drugs they’re making help fight seizures. And I still don’t even know what TGOD does.

Holding period: 5 years - forever.

Sell strategy: None. If I lose 5% of my overall portfolio…so what?

if TGOD goes to the moon you owe me some BBQ. btw - they are a wholesale producer/grower.

How can you guys just buy Canadian stocks like this? Please. Teach. Me. To. Learn.

I can’t speak on owning individual securities, but I bought a little bit of MJ. A US ETF that holds pot companies.

Welcome to the fold STL. MPX up nicely today, still relatively small if you are looking for exposure to dispensaries (as opposed to growers) outside of the currently legal market. I have a decent amount invested now, but started out pretty small. I may take some gains if they are still there soon. I’m just short on new ideas right now and limited time for research. Time horizon on these, as you say, is long.

#1 industry over the very long term in the US is tobacco, FWIW (it’s not even close). Some similarities here.

@MatthewG, many of these are traded on US exchanges. I own these companies via US exchanges: MEDFF (soon to be acquired), TGIFF, MPXEF.

In my two accounts - Schwab and TD - I’ve never had a problem. I’m able to buy and sell them just like any other stock.

is CANOPY GROWTH CORP the real deal?

$5B is definitely a game changer. changed the attractive entry point to $25-$30, up from say $15-$20. practically guarantees canopy is a global leader in the space 10-20 years out. basically the only one worth owning after the washout as it is the only one without future funding issues.