The most unique rejection letter I've ever got

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So, right now, the goal is to come across as > mediocre as possible in interviews! Depending on the companies, I tend to feel that it is true. Like the one rejected me, I was asked towards the end of the first round that I had more experience than he was looking for and how I felt about the salary. I was in fact ready to accept a lower salary in exchange of working for an endowment. The letter was written by a more junior staff (also one of the interviewers). I interpreted it exactly how Reggie described. If the second round was scheduled three weeks after, they are not serious. Lesson learnt.

if interviews are like dates, at what point can you call it off? say you don’t like where the interview is going or they call you back and you’re not interested - do you just call it off or keep going to “be professional”? i remember doing that do a girl a couple years ago and the look on her face was total astonishment. she kept saying stuff like “Really? You’d just leave!?!” me - “No, I want to continue to sit here and prod this conversation with a stick while you sit there and eat your dinner one pea at a time. Want me to call you a cab?”

If it’s in the middle of an interview process, I’ll call it off after a round. However, I’d never just get up and walk right out of a meeting or a date, unless the person said something that personally offended me.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is so amazing that we actually try to jump > through hoops to work with such incompetents. > > That is just unconscionable. And wow… a > situation that actually merits the word > unconscionable. I am starting to worry for you Chad. You seem angrier and angrier lately. And yes, you should try to look slightly-better-than-average as much as possible in interviews. I once was told in the middle of an interview “Are you here to for a job interview of to buy the company?” The guy interviewing me was not very confident throughout the meeting, and was too worried of saying anything stupid. At that point I had already decided that this would not be a good move anyway and started f***ing with him.

i don’t think there’s much that could get me to just walk out, either, unless they said something like ‘give us a mathematical proof that the holocaust actually happened’ or ‘now you just have to f hillary swank.’

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i don’t think there’s much that could get me to > just walk out, either, unless they said something > like ‘give us a mathematical proof that the > holocaust actually happened’ or ‘now you just have > to f hillary swank.’ She is hot. I got b*slapped by a corporate in-house recruiter. She brought over a family friend as an MD who referred me to her at our mutual company (the three of us at this time) - I emailed her for advice in getting into a role in her department (the investment arm of the company). She said do the things I said I was doing. Flash forward 18 months - I apply for a job at a local competitor, and get an ‘auto-response’ from her at this company thanking me for my application (she got laid off, I was told). I sent her a congratulatory email for her new position and offered any additional information I could provide to enhance my candidacy. No response except for a canned decline e-mail the following morning. She has a blackbelt in ‘sucka please’.