The Movie Thread

^ Agreed. How can anybody hate on that short, big-nosed, scientologist? Seriously though, he’s done 30+ movies and all but 4 or 5 of them have been entertaining.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxFq16IG_k0]

Youtube blocked, what up bro?

Here you go:

https://screen.yahoo.com/honest-trailers-top-gun-235800986.html

They think right. One of the worst movies this year.

How to train your dragon 2 is worth a watch if you enjoyed the first one.

Dragon 2 was very enjoyable.

I love ragging on Tom Cruise as much as the next guy, but Higgs is right. His filmography, although weaker in recent years, is amazingly impressive. Risky Business is one of the greatest movies of all time. Top Gun is, well, Top Gun. His best performance wasn’t that long ago in Tropic Thunder. But, since then it seems like all his movies are pretty much the same.

What I would like to know is, what the hell is this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745960/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Val Kilmer better be getting in shape, STAT.

^ Tom is the only listed cast member so far. A bit of Googling suggests that Maverick will take on some drones to prove that pilots are still needed. I guess Stealth, staring Jessica Biel’s ass, didn’t fill the need for such a film.

God.Damn.It.

Watched “Boyz n the Hood” yesterday for the first time. Good flick, but one I have zero desire to ever watch again.

Get new friends? But seriously, it was definitely one of the better films from Tom Cruise in a long time, not like Oblivion… A lot of action and it was funny. Good idea for the plot too.

I saw “The Calvary” last night, I would recommend it.

Boyhood is good, but it’s pretty long. Next movie I have my sights set on is Birdman. The more Michael Keaton the better.

For some reason, I really want to see “Honeymoon”, which seems to be a horror B movie with Game of Thrones Ygritte.

Draft Day. I’m not even a huge football fan, and still enjoyed it

Which version did you see, the one where Ricky (Morris Chestnut) gets killed, or the one where he doesn’t?

Ummm…is there more than one?

I saw the one where he gets killed. But I watched the TV version, so all the foul language was edited. Don’t know if that fundamentally changed the movie or not, though.

A friend once told me that he watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back with all the foul language taken out. I said, “Then what did you watch? Was there any movie left?”

Actually just watched this yesterday. Was better than I expected.

^^ The version where Ricky is able to avoid the gang members ends much differently.

I saw a movie called The Whistleblower starring Rachel Weisz. It’s basically about Americans and a smattering of Europeans joining an international task force to maintain peace in Bosnia after the war and their presence leads to the formation of a human trafficking ring that these ‘peacekeepers’ themselves become a part of.

They explicitly show what happens to the women sold into sexual slavery including ‘roding’ when the women try and go to the authorities. and the massive coverup in place by the military contractor that the American government uses who in real life are known as DynCorp. Turns out the most of the events in the movie are based on a true life story and the organization continues to exist with contracts in Afganistan and Iraq. Despite the evidence most of the people who participated in the ring had diplomatic immunity and were never prosecuted in their home countries.

Wikileaks also has a few cables on them where they were accused of throwing _ Bacha Bazi _ parties in Afghanistan.

Harrowing movie.