The NBA Thread

Nope, still missing it. Just like you (and Greenie) missed Roger’s point about OKC/SA. This topic is going well.

umm… yes, regular season stats, is far more scientific than … your opinion rofl.

So long, Big Fundamental. If you had any pride left, you would retire.

Sounds like a good thread…

He still had a fairly decent year actually. Personally I think he’s good for one more year as a back-up playing ~ 20 minutes per game.

There are a lot of good old athletes that would be good coming off the bench or playing backup. Pretty sure that Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, and Ray Lewis could still add a lot of value to a team.

But do you really want to be the guy that hangs around waaay after your skills have deteriorated? Do you think any of them really want to be walking the sidelines? I just don’t see Randy Moss being the fourth WR on the team.

The answer to your question is a resounding No. That was the whole purpose of the now legendary thread “If XXX had any pride left, he/she/it would retire”.

I don’t pay much attention to the NBA anymore, but haven’t the Spurs basically been Kawhi Leonard’s team for the past few years anyway? Duncan’s still stolid, but the team’s not built around him anymore.

^ I’d argue Kawhi is still part of the system. It used to be a core-satellite portfolio where the big 3 being the core up until last year. Now it feels like there are bunch of satellites, with Kawhi and LA being the biggest pieces but not the core. The fact that nobody came to rescure down the stretch seems like the transition didn’t went as smoothly as many (including myself) anticipated.

Next year it would be the big 2 being the core (KL and LA) plus bunch of little (or old) pieces hovering around. I think Duncan can certainly play one more year. Back up power forward/center is much less of a role than a quarter back, so I’ll have to disgree with Greenman’s analogy to Manning…

http://www.cbssports.com/nba

The poll on the right. LOL.

Raptors straight killin it. East coast is the best coast

The Celtics never move up in the damn lottery. Oh well, I don’t think anyone dreamed that Nets trade would turn out this well so hard to complain. And we get to do this all over again in 2018.

Happy for LeBron and Cleveland. That block was incredible. Too bad that final dunk didn’t go down or the world might have imploded.

But those two teams were absolutely gassed. The last 5 minutes of that game, while close, was really a brickfest.

yeah it wasn’t pretty. don’t love lebron but you can’t knock the hustle. he’s won his throne with blood and sweat

GS was gassed cause of the 2 brutal prior series they played(OKC and Blazers).

West coast is still the best coast.

We need to him Ebron James because he gave the L to the GSW lol

East Coast has the best player. Also making a run at the greatest regular season record a year removed from going the distance also probably didn’t help. Now all four major sports have the team with the best regular season record not resulting in a title. It takes a lot out of you.

^Cavs were in the finals last year too, and Lebron has been to the finals in each of the past SIX years.

Twas a great game last night!

Golden State is my second-favorite NBA team, after the hometown boys, but I have to respect the Cavaliers. The Warriors have themselves largely to blame, but at least they got to punch someone in the nethers.

And I’ve come to the conclusion that I like Lebron a lot more than Jordan. He’s had some failures, but I think those make him seem more human.