The new class system for young Wall Street bankers

Which is why the majority of successful tech start ups have a founder who is also a developer.

I was talking to a guy who dropped out of Stanford MBA to continue to pursue his tech start up. Smart guy, but had a bigger ego than anybody I encounter in finance. He was a real dickhead, honestly.

LOL

Finance definitely has a prominent minority of douche bags who make everyone look bad. The problem is that finance is so stratified in terms of jobs and compensation, so some people think they are better than others. I do think tech people are on average more well adjusted than finance people, but they do tend to be self satisfied sometimes, similar to liberal douche who drives Prius and only shops at Whole Foods. Geography also matters, from what I can see. People in different cities tend to have different culture and attitude towards work.

either you make too little that the 0.5x is insignificant and you’ve reached an epiphany in life or you already earn way too much that the extra 0.5x is insignificant. or perhaps you own the firm or have a castle. imo no right-minded human being could be indifferent to a sexy job at Google for making cf models and reading contracts.

surprising and doubtful.

He was probably a BOM studying for the CFA.

No I was very serious with my post, I like what I do. And different strokes for different folks, I don’t care much for Google.

Are you implying that you would work in a field that doesn’t interest you just to have 0,5x your salary ?

I understand that shitting on funnance is the new hipster thing to do on AF, but I don’t know, man, if you are unhappy with it, just switch fields.

i assume you mean 1.5x … If the npv and future earnings work out to be more, I’m in. I’m in the check cashing business.

Any time management tells me “you’ll be compensated for this at bonus time”, I take it with a grain of salt…

They should teach stuff like this at school.

I would not work in a field that doesn’t interest me. I would not be able to stay employed, because I would either hate it and quit, or get fired, or something.

It’s easy to say “I’d work a job that I hate that pays me 50% more” until you get there and hate it so much that you can’t take it.

Remember–Net Present Value ain’t Value if you can’t make it in the Present.

^ Mmmmhhmmmm! Yup, yup.