The problem of retaining the material

Wow good for you!

Sounds like you’re well on your way!

Go back and do questions in Book 1 and 2 at least one day per week!

you need to keep looping back to earlier sections to keep your brain active, do not wait until to end to do practice questions.

Hope that helps

NANA

Thanks! Do you mean go back and redo the Schweser quizzes?

^Yes. You’ll be surprised by how much you pick up the second time around. Stuff that you either missed, or that didn’t make a lot of sense will “click” the second time.

If you run out of questions with your CFAI EOC questions, Schweser EOC questions, and Schweser QBank, then start over and do them all again.

Whatever you use!

You can just re-do the end of chapter questions on CFAI texts, or even do mock exam questions (on topics you have read).

You can re-do the same questions 2-3 times, because you are unlikely to remember everything the first time.

Hello guys! Could you please advise me on my schedule?

At the moment I am working on Fixed Income (study session 15 finished) . Will start Fixed Income Valuation soon. I suppose it is the most difficult part of CFA level 1, so may expect to struggle there a bit…

Still after Fixed Income, I have derivatives, alternative investments and ethics ahead. I hope to finish it by the end of September - beginning of October. I have done 1000 QBank questions (average 83 percent score), also do Elan questions and EOC. But the further I go through material, the less confidence I feel…It seems I am a bit overwhelmed now…

I am using Curriculum for every topic (only Quant with Elan), but not sure I will have time to go through it with Schweser for the second time. So shall I try Mock in the end of September or may be go with Schweser notes one more time and only then take a Mock?

Thanks.

Hi! Fixed Income Valuation is in my opinion one of the nicest and most intuitive topics to study. Assuming you understand the principles of time value of money and discounting, you should not expect to struggle at all!

And what is the hardest topic, in your opinion?

It really depends on your background and previous exposure to the different topic areas. I would say that on average many people struggle with various aspects of financial reporting, such as deferred tax, which isn’t really well explained in the Curriculum … but you don’t often hear candidates complaining about fixed income.

Try to periodically revisit things. If you touch on topics (even briefly) every few weeks or so, it reinforces things - even if it doesn;t seem to have much of an impact at first. Don’t worry if you’re not seeming to get great retention at first. If you do the regular revisits, once you make the final push (a month or two out), things will gel.

The important thing is to keep at it. It’s stressful, but you’ll get through it.