"The Saudis Won't Let Oil Free-Fall"

This is clearly them admitting that all cash is not declared as it’s well above the few percent fee credit card companies charge.

Not to go off-topic even further but I thought this was common knowledge? Over here in the UK pretty much all the chinese/indian restaurants and takeaways do not declare all their takings, in fact some of them constantly state they are losing money. My fiance used to work for a small accounting firm with mainly chinese restaurants and SMEs for clients, their tax returns were a nightmare because so many reciepts were missing and nothing matched up in their accounts.

^its not just in the UK. The Texas comptroller estimates that 88% of all individually-owned gas stations and liquor stores are under-reporting.

Extend that number to handymen, smaller contractors, mechanics, bars and restuarants etc. That apparently 12% are reporting accurately is the real shocking part. I bounced for a number of years at a blues and rock club and was in charge of security for a while. None of us were on the payroll, and management preferred to pay us nightly. This was a venue that could host 400+ on a busy weekend night, with 20-25 employees working on a busy night, and I believe they had 1 bartender, 1 cook and 3 servers on the payroll. I assume this is just how those corners of the world work.

Saudi Arabia becomes world’s biggest arms importer

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-becomes-worlds-biggest-arms-importer-10094661.html#