the worst part of failing level 3

It’s so hard because people always make up excuses in their head like oh i had a cold that one time, and i couldn’t sleep the night before the second time…

but you just have to be honest with yourself on this one.

NANA

I have not commented on any of the comments or threads. Frankly I am too stressed post exam than pre exam. and I am still counting what could have gone wrong although I did fairly well in the AM and definitely sure of 40/60 questions in PM. Definitely this is the last time for me.Have kids to attend to- handle their studies…and I took loss of pay as well sacrificed family completely for last 6 months.I WILL NOT GET SO MUCH TIME AGAIN. and as many candidates said I did everything this time. Read from institute books, again and again repeatedly, did mocks for many years back, practiced a lot of papers around 30 plus, and lost count of the number of hours I gave for this.

Given I ama repeater myself, and the stakes and hope I gave for this exam are so high, the fear of result and failure is looming quite large.

Did not have guts to open the analyst forum,

I feel worst now that during the preparation,

I hear you. Best of luck!

NANA

Thanks Nana

Not many people know I’m taking the CFA exams. If I failed, not many people to explain to.

Interesting conversation with a CFA who has known many candidates over the years. They said not many people who felt they passed Level 3 actually failed. Those who did primarily had English as a second language.

it’s either you have a ring or you don’t.

i know a person who quit attempting level 3 some 13 years ago… think he regrets it to this day, even though he never really said so. so I decided for myself that I’ll pass it even if it takes 10 attempts, and even if I decide to quit finance profession the very next day after receiving the congratulations email. consider it inefficient, unreasonable, waste of money and time, but just don’t want to leave something unaccomplished behind after coming this far.

i think you learn no matter what so none of it is a waste of time. plus i have more respect to those who fail and keep going. it takes a certain type of character to push on when shit doesnt go your way.

even though you failed, at least you tried.degaf on what others think.

The worst part for me would be going once again through same or almost same material what is, IMO, also an advantage because one should be familiar with studying material and overall studying progress should be a bit easier than 1st time. However, waiting for result after second (or even third attempt) may be a way more stressful pain in the ass so my sympathy for retakers.

If you won’t pass, I guess many AF folks out here will quit CFA!

To be honest, almost everyone may not pass. Personally, feel less confident than before after L1 and L2 but still think have more chances to pass than fail. Before CFA I used to fail on various exams by first attempt and that’s not something what I consider a such horrible outcome.

However, passing L3 is a crown of this program and if someone is already a member, receiving a charter must be an excellent feeling. That’s exactly what I am waiting for and failure would be a cold shower by first instance.

got band 10 in '16, horrible. period. this time around with 95per confidence interval can say i passed. will activtate 275usd shet shortly

Band 8 2015, Band 9 2016.,.,.,.,.2017 please no more Band. Just a simple word with 4 letters, PASS. Worked really hard over the years. Studied the wrong way in 2015 as I completely ignored the CFAI books. 2016 had so much personal issues, was not ready mentally.

^^ that’s tough man… retaking is brutal

moh4 and you PASS Congratulations you passed Level III! Really hope you made it man. For me personally, it’s like crusade so it;s not gonna make much of a difference. I already got my dream job.\

Oh man really hope so. It would be a dream come true for me. Best of luck to you too,

Moh4 will you mind sharing the different experience between 2015-2017… how was your prep/ did you leave questions blank on AM… estimated scores?

AM: Really Bad AM. Left 2 questions blank and wasn’t that sure with my answers.

PM: Average PM. Not the worst but not enough to pass.

I studied fully from Schweser and did CFA past exams and mocks but I guess wasn’t enough.

AM: Average AM. Left 1 question blank. Was feeling a lot better than 2015.

PM: Not so good PM. Should have done better. It was a bit tricky

This time I focused on CFAI BB and EOC. However, I had personal and family issues and wasn’t fully focused on studying. I wanted to read the curriculum from CFAI books but didn’t have the time.

AM: Much much better AM than 2015 and 2016. Only few sub questions left blank which is normal in this exam

PM: Overall good PM. I must say it was tricky again

This time I focused on reading from CFAI books directly and practiced really hard EOC and CFA Mocks and past exams.

Unlike level 1 and 2 , CFAI are crucial are crucial for level 3. You need to read and grasp the concepts to be able to right answers related to any situation.

^ How many times you went through CFAI readings?

Once but couple of times for EOC and BB. I had to revisit topics I am week at such as Fixed Income and Currency Management though

Me too. I went through Schweser readings multiple times.