Theta

I understand how option value decreases with the passage of time. What I am unclear about is when IT INCREASES “when theta is POSITIVE, as the time to maturity decreases, the price of both a call and a put option will INCREASE” "

My test day equipment list includes crayons.

This I can handle. If your strike is $5 and the underlying is at $500 the sooner it gets to expiration the more valuable it is. Right?

deep-in-the-money calls would have a positive theta

There is a dome in the center console of my car with balls in it. When I use feet action to move, the balls pop around in it. Its very fun.

So yes. And a negative theta (say at or below the money) will push your value to zero as your opportunities to end in the money decrease with time.

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is a dome in the center console of my car > with balls in it. When I use feet action to move, > the balls pop around in it. Its very fun. Balls and feet action…I don’t understand anything else you just said, but this cannot be AF appropriate material.

Theta will generally only be positive with very deep in the money options. If the stock price is $10 and the exercise price of the put is $50, then the put option price would have to be