Think twice before quitting CFA

If you can’t handle the heat, then get the F out the kitchen. I believe CFA isn’t very helpful for career-switchers, but it doesn’t hurt one to have more knowledge. Being a successful lawyer or doctor is just as dependent on luck as being a successful finance pro. Every industry goes through cycles and right now it’s Wall Street’s turn to take a hit. And I agree with most others when I say good riddance to those people who are trying to make it in finance for a quick buck, and never had the passion to pursue something they really enjoyed.

The thing is this. If the hiring person is a charterholder he/she will almost certianly focus on charterholders because denying the charter’s significance is denying his/her own worth. The more people getting charters the more likely this will be the case down the road.

Danteshek should become a lawyer for the RIAA, given his reasoning abilities. Looks like RIAA is going to lose a lot in their latest prominent case against the team from Harvard law - which is challenging the constitutionality of their “sue everyone” methods.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek should become a lawyer for the RIAA, > given his reasoning abilities. > > Looks like RIAA is going to lose a lot in their > latest prominent case against the team from > Harvard law - which is challenging the > constitutionality of their “sue everyone” methods. I’ve heard that the RIAA has pulled the plug on pursuing copyright infringement lawsuits. Now if you are found to be infringing on copyrights via internet, the ISP will issue a warning to you and subsequently disconnect your service if you do not heed the warning.

Yep. However, they are still going to pursue their “current” lawsuits to the conclusion. Anyways, check out this website: www.joelfightsback.com Billion dollar Charlie (Nesson) is at it again. Go Charlie go!

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yep. However, they are still going to pursue > their “current” lawsuits to the conclusion. > > Anyways, check out this website: > www.joelfightsback.com > > Billion dollar Charlie (Nesson) is at it again. > Go Charlie go! The girl on the right in the picture could be potentially hot. Plus, she is in Harvard Law. I’m just saying.

Charlie Nesson is the f-in man. I love this guy.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/eon/index.html hahahah, nice site

:slight_smile:

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > can’t disagree more. if you’re still young, start > looking for another career. you can always finish > cfa 10 years from now when the market is > different. The income taxes of hardworking charterholders pay for your welfare and food stamps.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the downturn will flush out a lot of > people who are in the field for the wrong reasons > (to make a quick buck), but CFA is useful for > others. That said, it’s likely to be a long hard > haul for all of us, chartered or not. That is pretty much how I feel, this is a good fit for me and I love the challenge these exams provide me. Also since its unlikely I’ll ever become a F1 Racer or fighter pilot this is the job for me. As for Pox Americana’s post above your’s, all I have to say is; Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop, Uh Uh, Uh Uh, Uh Uh.

The funny thing is, when the market returns to the uptrend, it will be already too late to start. By that time you should ALREADY be above numerous competitors in order to get best spots. Especially if you don’t enjoy a decent job now

I’m not married to the idea of going to law school. It’s just something i’m exploring right now. I’ve applied to 23 law schools. LSAT is next week. Obviously my performance on this test will be a major factor in my decision. You can track my progress if you want: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Danteshek I still might go to Russia. I just heard today from a sports agent who represents Russian NHL players. He found my profile on linkedin and wants to talk. There aren’t that many people around with language skills. If you market yourself properly rare opportunities have a way of popping up. There are plenty of great opportunities in a variety of fields. Too many 25 y.o. finance guys have tunnel vision and won’t consider opportunities in other fields. I think that your 20s is too soon to be making decisions about the rest of your life. I think it’s best to keep your options open until you are 100% positive that they are in the right line of work. It’s true that I am not passionate about markets. I thought I was, but then I decided to be honest with myself. I suspect that many among you are not as passionate about markets as you profess to be. I agree with those who think it’s important to start what you finish. I will study for Level 3 after February 7. I’ll give it my best shot. If I don’t pass this time around I’ll try again some other year.

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Ridiculous comment. Start looking for another > career?! Come on, plenty of people out there are > still making more money in their late 20’s than > the average person in another field ever makes. Compensation got out of control. It’s going to be different going forward. The gilded age is over.

may god help us in completing what we have already started !

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think that your > 20s is too soon to be making decisions about the > rest of your life. This is what people who live paycheck-to-paycheck in their 50’s say.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not married to the idea of going to law > school. It’s just something i’m exploring right > now. I’ve applied to 23 law schools. LSAT is > next week. Obviously my performance on this test > will be a major factor in my decision. You can > track my progress if you want: > http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Danteshek > > I still might go to Russia. I just heard today > from a sports agent who represents Russian NHL > players. He found my profile on linkedin and > wants to talk. There aren’t that many people > around with language skills. If you market > yourself properly rare opportunities have a way of > popping up. > > There are plenty of great opportunities in a > variety of fields. Too many 25 y.o. finance guys > have tunnel vision and won’t consider > opportunities in other fields. I think that your > 20s is too soon to be making decisions about the > rest of your life. I think it’s best to keep your > options open until you are 100% positive that they > are in the right line of work. > > It’s true that I am not passionate about markets. > I thought I was, but then I decided to be honest > with myself. I suspect that many among you are > not as passionate about markets as you profess to > be. > > I agree with those who think it’s important to > start what you finish. I will study for Level 3 > after February 7. I’ll give it my best shot. If > I don’t pass this time around I’ll try again some > other year. 23 law schools? wow. good luck with the lsat.

Remember about the RIAA, Danteshek, lol.