Thread that was about EVE Online that's now about PUBG and sharing gamertags so AFers can play PC/console games together

i’ll definitely be down for a XB1 pubg group if they can fix the bugs. for now, i’ll stick to mowing down noobs in CoD.

If you play hardcore search, we should play sometime. Pubg has gotten much better, but still glitchyi

i mostly play hardcore dom and KC and war.

Hey BS - Halo 3 sucks.

3.5 GB update for PUBG on XB1 today. I’d be down for some AF squad action but full disclosure i’m not good. Since STL doesn’t show up to AF meetups maybe he can show up for this?

For the record, I show up to all the KC meetups. Had one tonight and I had a great time.

He probably doesn’t remember but BS and I are still Xbox friends, though I don’t think we ever actually played together.

Xbox GT is Ace of Debaser

Advanced warning, I’m either pretty damn good or horrible. Depends on the level of drugs and alcohol in my system. And I’m only on sparingly. Damn family.

Anyway, let’s light this PUBG AF XBox1 squad candle.

Haha, I forgot about that! I haven’t turned on my Xbox in probably 5-8 years. I’ve been contemplating buying a new Xbox later this year if I ever have spare time.

Add me OG Hobbit

bought pubg for XB1 last night. first go was pretty terrible. can’t find my headset currently so i may be useless as a teammate until said headset is discovered.

Xbox GT is Sir Dindle

ditto --> Advanced warning, I’m either pretty damn good or horrible. Depends on the level of drugs and alcohol in my system. And I’m only on sparingly. Damn family.

I feel the same, would be something I’d enjoy a lot but would consume my life.

My advice is drop at military base constantly at first. Otherwise it takes forever to accumulate fighting experience since it’s so intermittent

^you should also watch hunger games and grab a crossbow for inspiration.

military base, shooting range, school, los leones, paecado, hacienda on repeat until you win 60%+ 1v1s

Sounds like the battle was a bust and there were no significant casualties on either side. Apparently according to the analysis I read, the mechanics of the game meant that the defenders had a big advantage and only had to fuck up a little to not win, and they ended up just staring each other down for the entirety of the thing. Sounds like its broken at the upper levels of the game (with the super capital “titan” ships and the ships that heal them being the only ones that really matter in the game, and the opposing sides having put together huge fleets of them) with neither side really being able to damage the other and so this sort of battle doesnt really lead to anything decisive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/7skmg0/a_comparison_between_dominion_mechanics_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/7sgfhz/1000000_fight_information_thread/

For the xbox version, I’ve had better success landing somewhere remote. Part of the problem in the game’s current state is it takes several seconds after you land for buildings to fully materialize, then once inside it take even longer for material to appear. So, if you land in a highly populated area, it’s a bunch of people melee fighting or waiting in a corner for weapons to appear.

i landed at military base a couple of times but found myself too much on the outskirts of the map and killed by the blue wall of death. any tips for where to find vehicles? or are they random?

the most success i had was when i landed in a remote but central location. my firepower was weak given my drop area but i lasted quite awhile. having the only handgun in a one mile radius helps.

We dont’ have the materialization issue with PC thankfully - that sounds a bit ridiculous. When the bugs are fixed I do believe the above places are the best for practicing your shooting and survival under fire skills. Ya’ll should just get on the PC version, I can’t imagine playing this game with a joystick and 8 buttons.

^I have a mac so it’s a no-go on the PC front. I’ve never actually played a FPS on a computer even though games like CS are available for the mac. Well, I should say I tried it once and couldn’t get used to using a mouse to aim and shoot. I know it’s better (there’s really no debate in the FPS community) but I’ve just gotten so used to console gaming it feels awkward.

That aside, I think the biggest challenge for the xbox port is the inventory system. It’s clunky and gets you killed a lot. Much faster/easier/smoother on a PC from what I’ve seen.

Inventory PC gets me killed all the time, even though i just press (mouse thumb button) to open menu and right click to drop. Its a bit clunky under fire. Usually mounting scopes or swapping weps gets me in trouble. they should remove the person mock up in the middle of the screen and move the weps closer to the inventory list, so you can mount scopes and attachments faster. Probably faster than XBox but still not perfect. Console FPS is definitely easier after you acclimitize, and it’s fun for games like COD but for more tactical shooters, mouse+keyboard definitely allows you to appreciate the complexity in the game. It’s too bad we can’t all play together.

^We should start another thread inviting people to post their gamertag. There’s probably many others that would like to play PUBG or something else but don’t care about EVE so they’ll never see this.

If only I wasn’t so lazy…