Tips on managing potential bad news tomorrow?

last year i read the email away from my desk, walked around the block 3 times, came back to my desk and grinned and beared the seemingly endless flow of surprised people that came past my desk.

Then i told myself i would start in november, cover FRA 4 times, thoroughly study every corner of the syllabus and come back next june walking into the exam knowing that i was going to nail it.

this year i’m really not sure how i’d take a fail as now i know that i could never walk into the level 2 exam confident of passing

I tell them sarcastically “You only say that because you are of the uninitiated” making it sound super serious. They tend to laugh but get the point.

Great tips and great wit - thanks guys!

Not to sound overly cheesy, but AF has been great company throughout the past year. Despite the craziness, or probably because of it, it’s been a great place to be yourself, to vent, to connect. Thanks to all who’ve managed to keep it both light and thoughtful, from start to finish!

Thank you — and best of luck today!!!

the pressure and having to deal with failure becomes a reality only if for a second you assume you *may* have passed.

assumption is the mother of all f*k ups. just know already that you failed, and if you passed you can enjoy, else nothing else has changed. that’s the tip. you still have some time to convince yourself you failed while you wait for results.

Don’t we all just enjoy the challenges and the anticipation?

If life goes without any disappointments, life would be boring and nothing is worth bragging (not that i would brag about CFA)

it’s sometimes good to struggle and know that there are unattainable goals, so it makes you creative, think outside of the box, find the strength from within, and look for other passion and interests.