Topic Tests for final 20 days?

I have an impression that the questions in Schweser Mocks are designed to confuse canididate (he is forced to think like in that way" A is straightforward but never straighforward solution is correct answer, so the answer is B or C). This is not the manner of questioning that I find at CFAI.

Due to time constraints ang only one official Mock, I am solving Schweser Mock each Saturday but within week I am practicing solely by solving CFAI topic tests and EOCs from the official curriculum. The way the CFAI tests are about is what I’d expect on the exam. If the real exam questions will be easier than Topic tests and CFAI Mock, the better since I have a margin of safety for pressure on real examination. This is factor in which I am never exposed while practicing at home.

@Toronto analyst I would say start shopping for Champaigne. But I’ve found repeating blue boxes to be very helpful. Far more so than L1. My take on L2 is that the EOC / Topic Test / Mock are all basically at the same level of granularity. TT and mocks give you a more refined view of the exam experience, but they all ask questions that can be answers in 2-4 min. Blue Boxes teach you how the system works. Why is accounting one way and not another? Why is a swap like a bond? The best ones are like receiving a lecture on the theory underlying the topic. I am still finishing out Topic Tests, but will be supplementing these final days with key BB.

Yeah running through the BBs on FRA, Equity and FI (and maybe Corp Fin and others if there’s time) is not a bad idea for the final week or so. Sometimes answering a question correctly depends on remembering where to start. Finding the starting point invokes muscle memory I think, and the BBs can help keep the process fresh.

The second book of practice tests from Schweser are definitly closer to the CFAI mock. They start adding in the layers and tricks. Finished the 2nd AM one and the average score it said was 61 for people that have taken it already. It was almost the most difficult questions from every section of the test.

Man I just took Volume 2AM and I’ve never been more frustrated in my life. I got freaking 54, while I used to average high 60s for CFAI mock and other Schweser mocks. Do you feel like Volume 2 tests are in general much harder than Volume 1? It’s either that or I’m just getting dumber…

They are harder for sure. I said in another post one of the questions I couldn’t find the answer in cfai books or Schweser books.

@h21 – just finished Economics Topic Tests. Amazing how ignorant I feel. That was a strong subject for me in EOCs. Many passes. Topped out around 85%. Got 1/6 on an Economics TT.

But across the lot of them, you get a real feel for what they’re interested in you knowing.

Halberstram - I got a higher score in mock 4 schweser than mocks 2 and 3. This was in volume 2 - I found it easier.

Hi All

Like many of you who have commented on this post , i find myself in a similar spot of bother. I intend to write CFA L2 June 2019 , i have done reasonably well in schweser q bank and schweser topic tests ( i have been drilling them since last month ) but the CFAI TT are a different league altogether…it feels like i have been found out on FRA as several questions come across as blind spots with nowhere to hide…Based on your experience ( those who have passed L2 previously ) what would you recommend regarding the CFAI TT and how should i go about them

I do not want the confidence to be shot completely yet it would be foolish to not go through them as well. Also these topic tests , do the mimic the actual difficulty encountered on the real exam