Toronto - Passing the CFA Level II Course - 88% pass rate?

even though i like mike, i’d be careful on just blindly focussing on that pass %. i would be shocked if there aren’t a few conditions in terms of who qualifies as being subject to the pass/fail %'s i.e. probably a few more fails than they are letting on, but those people “didn’t complete all the assignments” etc… just my spec

Westbruin is right…on several items… First, I took the course because as an older candidate with a non-finance background, I felt that a structured course that met every week would be most useful for my purposes. Secondly, I am extraordinarily lucky to have an employer who pays for the course, the CFA exam registration and (for me), I asked for and got the Schweser notes to supplement the CFAI materials. Thirdly, yes, there are certain requirements to be able to take the course again if you fail the exam. You have to pass the course itself with a certain grade. There are weekly quizzes on the material, several 3 hour mock exams and a six hour final which is done to replicate the exam circumstances on actual exam day. This course, itself, isn’t easy. Don’t think that it’s one of these classes you can show up to if you feel like it and then write a final. You have to show up to class and work your tail off when not in class. The material kicked my a$$ more than a few times. But the great thing was, Michael was there whenever you needed the extra help, motivation, advice, you name it. KEWL: Also to your question about details - Michael covers them by making sure that each and every single Learning Outcome Statement is discussed. He also has his own set of accompanying notes which condenses each LOS for each Study Session into the most important concepts and information.

Thanks for the great feedback CM98041 and to everyone else!

cm98041, thanks for the feedback… and i think those are fair conditions for his stats. and it sounds like it’s a very comprehensive course. worth the money for the right person. ok, this verges on sports cliche. but did you feel like you risked “peaking too early”/burnout with serious exams partway thru?