Total hours?

I made mind maps while reading CFAI books. Overall, about 400 hours.

I kept track in a google doc since I felt it helped me with L2 to stay on track. Targeted 265 hours, will come in at about 260, which includes about 40 hours of Schweser live class.

I did just under 200 (plus close to an additional 200 last year). My hat goes off to those who manage 300+ hours

If I don’t pass, I would be lost on how to study for this again.

Around 500 hrs gross (ie. pre tax) smiley.

Well there is an upside for being underprepared, I know exactly what I need to do if I fail. Study more!

Well there is an upside for being underprepared, I know exactly what I need to do if I fail. Study more!

Just completed 450 hours! Only doing an hour review tomorrow and then relaxing and getting a massage. Getting to bed early and plan on being ready Saturday.

I wonder if the folks on AF are typical of the candidates or not. Based on my experience, it seems like the dedication and interaction that I have seem on this forum is greater than that I have experienced outside of it. I’m curious how the pass rates have compared relative to those published by CFAI. Anyhow, good luck to everyone!

^ you earned the massage dude, you did what I was supposed to do, and what I planned to do

Came out of this a cocky lazy bi***, we see how it plays out

I am hopping you are right about the AF sample being better than the true population, 1300 people took the schweser live mock, 20,000 or so will take the CFA exam. So it clearly seems that not all people prepare the same.

1300 people took the schweser mock? wow.

Thanks bud. Best of luck to you.

350 hours last year and failed in Band 3. (I was falling asleep during the exam because I hardly slept the night before.) 100 hours this year.

But you weren’t prepared or did you fail because you were tired and fell asleep in the exam?.

But you weren’t prepared or did you fail because you were tired and fell asleep in the exam?.