True Story

DJS, have some self-respect. You have earned it!

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > chedges Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > he’s probably lost it all by now. > > > Was he the same pizza delivery guy who used to > make 750K working in HF? lol that guy was an idiot.

“accountant = broom pusher. No doubt about it. Don’t worry ditch, you will be fine. Did HF gig work out?”. I’ll find out tomorrow. After conversing with Banni offline about the shop, it is not a hedge fund per se, but a typical investment firm with an aggressive growth absolute return model that implements options, commodities, long/short positions, etc. I’m 99% sure I’ll get an offer, but I was cautioned that the salary may be too low. Since I’m returning to school in the fall, I’d rather get some decent experience at a short term loss than push a broom, cut grass, dig ditches, etc making more money and shorting myself in the long term. BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ditch, let me know if you ever become a broom > pusher or ditch digger. I was thinking about > having some sort of exit opportunity too and they > sound quite interesting. Think about it; union job, full benefits, probably get a new broom/shovel every so often. Not a bad deal. Side story, so I’m outside a bar the other night and overhear a side converstation about ‘smoking up.’ “Nah mang.” says one guy, “I got a new job startin’ and need to test clean.” “What’s that?” The other guy says. “Dey gon pay me $18/hr to push a mafckin broom!” He shouts! Sad, but my back office job was only paying about that much with far fewer benefits. And that is not a bad starting wage for pushing a broom!

dang 18/hr, benefits, union, very tempting. I might actually be able to buy a ferarri one day with that job.

The Ferrari driver smiled because he once failed Level II and vowed to avenge the CFA Institute by amassing fabulous wealth without the charter. He became a man-whore and never looked back. He smiles at you thinking maybe you too are about to embark on an action packed man whoring adventure. It was truly a Mr. Miyagi moment…

jankynoname Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Ferrari driver smiled because he once failed > Level II and vowed to avenge the CFA Institute by > amassing fabulous wealth without the charter. He > became a man-whore and never looked back. He > smiles at you thinking maybe you too are about to > embark on an action packed man whoring adventure. > > It was truly a Mr. Miyagi moment… I’m a little confused as to how the noun was worth scrambling, but the verb was perfectly acceptable.

Agree MBA>CFA… i am taking cfa in attempt to sneak into a good MBA… i’ll probably go thru it all and it wont even work…

"He was laughing because he knows CFA won’t make you rich enough to afford a Ferrari. " +1

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why did he smile? was it because he was born into > money and therefore didnt have to study and was > laughing at you? or was it because he was a CFA > and was now ballin? I am left wondering the same…I wish the original poster asked him ‘yeah i m doing CFA. Why? are u a CFA charterholder too?’ It would have really cleared the mystery behind his smile.

Depends where you are working… I think in london, CFA and MBAs are on par with each other… I have an MBA and a Masters in Econometrics as well and I think a Masters is probably the most respected, In the US, its probably the opposite… I’ve seen the guy with the ferrari since as he always parks next to me… I’ll ask why he smiled…

having an MBA from XYZ and having it from Harvard/Wharton do make a lot of difference. I don’t know anyone who graduated (MBA) from ivy league are working towards a CFA…they have already achieved what a CFA can

definitely true… I did it at London Business School which isn’t exactly Harvard to be honest… I’m only doing a CFA because my manager wants our whole team to be charterholders to enhance the reputation of the firm… so everyone on my team is studying for Level II right now… its crazy!!!

everything has its own benefits. I know a guy who has 2 MS degrees, then went for MBA at an Ivy, and then did CFA. I’d see he is pretty successful. He recommended to me the dual CFA/MBA approach, though I’m not looking forward to the huge opportunity cost of going back to school.

LBS is a fantastic school.

Simple reason - he laughed because he was a CFA dropout and went on to be super successful in life, with all the time he got being away from books, setting up a fund, business trip’ ing and networking with the biggies and being a baller… CFA is sh*t the sooner you absorb the fact in your veins, the less excruciating your death will be.

He smile because the hot girl thing was just an act, i think he liked YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3Oyt-wz5w mike jones 2 8 1 3 3 0 8 0 0 4

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Simple reason - he laughed because he was a CFA > dropout and went on to be super successful in > life, with all the time he got being away from > books, setting up a fund, business trip’ ing and > networking with the biggies and being a baller… > > CFA is sh*t the sooner you absorb the fact in your > veins, the less excruciating your death will be. The CFA thing is relatively small commitment for a large aggregate financial gain…3 years (for me, hopefully I can do this thing in 1.5 years and be done with it). I’m temping now and living paycheck to paycheck, and I have incorporated a startup I’m doing NOTHING with so I can study for this test…of course I’ve gone through 3 programmers already and have almost given up, but that’s another story…

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think he smiled because he’s sadistic. > > He smiles and thinks to himself that “these people > are wasting away their time and youth while > everything they want is already there for the > taking” > > 99.999999999999% of charterholders will never be > able to afford a ferrari. I will have either a Ferrari or a lamborghini at some point, and plan to get the charter … That .00000000001% seems extreme

Funny how the two people on this thread that are destroying the CFA are both from Boston… I wonder if its because they have colleges like Harvard and MIT that they think they’re too good for it or is it because the finance industry in Boston sucks…