Trump selloff

Warren Buffett: Trump Will Find It Difficult to Scrap Trade Deals

Warren Buffett doesn’t see a shift in market direction, despite the stunning victory of Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election. And this prediction from the world’s most successful income investor came after he sharply criticized the Republican candidate for his economic policies.

Buffet strongly supported democratic candidate Hillary Clinton during this election and criticized Trump’s decision not to release his tax records to the public. He was also critical of Trump’s business record, as the President-Elect has declared some bankruptcies.

^Who cares. Everyone knows Buffet is an ultra-liberal, he’d oppose mother Teresa if she ran for president as a Republican.

Also, it’s often ironic that those who benefit from government policies are often the ones most vocally critical. Wonder how upset Buffet is with the notion of his freight cars being filled with coal harvested as a result of Trump’s policies… probably not too upset i’d guess!

i sincerely don’t think buffett really cares if his freight cars are hauling more coal under trump or not. he’s fairly “american liberal” and would probably prefer his kids have policies that are in line with “american liberal” beliefs.

Cmon, we’ve been talking about them for at least five years.

We never got out of 2008, just swept it under the carpet, the global market (especially USA) is ripe to crash. So far it looks like Trump wants to keep it propped up with stimulus, that might work, for awhile.

I’ve bowed out of forecasting for now, too hard to know what comes next. Staying partially hedged and proceeding with care.

2008, in hindsight, was a bubble ripe to burst because of subprime. The current bubble really has no reason to burst (it’s QE induced, sure, but no real reason to crash as long as the Fed continues to manipulate the market). So it might take a LONG time before we get another generational bottom and blood on the streets similar to 2008.

^ Uhh, you have global populist rage (largely from the effects of 2008).

All it takes is for consumers to go cold (world grows too dangerous, they stop spending and start saving), recession, the system gets stress tested, it fails the stress test, big ouchie.