trying to find a new job, any advice would be appreciated

Just had my second round interview, don’t think it went so well… back to square one :frowning:

Ah man, hang in there. You’re young! Was it technical at all or just more of “Describe a time when…” “what’s your greatest strength?”

more behavioral, asked me a lot of my past experiences, etc.

Was this at a family office? HF? AM? I assume the interview was in person?

Asset management, phone interview even though it was second round. Iprofit4sure are you currently looking for a job or do u already have one?

Both :frowning: Been at my firm for two years now but actively searching…

what do you guys think about going down the financial advisor path?

yeah why not…i think a lot of cfa charterholders are some kind of an FA…they call it RIAs. sit down with clients and talk to them and hold their hands during turbulent market times and talk to them some more. talk about their goals, money goals, risk tolerance levels etc all things you will learn in level 3.

thanks for your input, do you have personal experience in this field? Was also wondering if financial advisors need to do a lot of “selling” of their financial products to meet quotas or targets. Also, I don’t think financial advisor experience qualifies for CFA…?

Can you sell? Are you relatable? Start out with a big name so people trust you if you do this. IE Goldman PWM, Morgan Stanley, Alliance Bernstein, etc. Spend a few years there 3-5 and then you will want to open up your own firm. Lots of risk but top FAs make 7 figures. Most fail within the first 5 years though, something crazy like 90 percent.

FA is the main focus of CFA…Literally 80% of the level 3 exam is for FA. Of course it counts…you are helping your clients with investment decisions and invest on behalf…you have to sell crap ton and bring in crap ton of money…i heard that FA are not really FA or client portfolio managers or wealth managers but asset gatherers for the first few years of their career. No, don’t have experience in FA.

^ That is true.

lol just curious, are any of your companies currently wanting to hire someone like me?

My company only has offices in the United States.

i’m willing to relocate

You would probably need to be sponsored if you are a Canadain citizen…

OMG got a third round interview despite thinking I completely screwed up the last phone interview

make us proud little cubby

#FreeCvM