Unemployment at 3.7%. close to a 50 year low. Last time it was like this was 1970!

To go even further though, house prices are only a sliver of the big picture anyway. The percentage of mortgages that have higher spreads over the prime lending rate are more telling since they include implicitly all that’s been discussed above in terms of credit risk. Statistically and historically speaking, that metric predicts mortgage default risk most accurately.

srs question

Wages grew at 4.79% (I rounded up) in Aug. 2018 compared to Aug. 2017 according to the site below (which cites the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis).

Source: https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wage-growth

Admittedly, that was the first site that popped up on Google so I just used that at the time. Looking a little closer, I realize that I’ve never heard of the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (it is an actual thing…a part of the Dept of Commerce) and they don’t collect the data anyway. That falls to the Bureau of Labor Statistics which confirms that real wages haven’t really gone anywhere since the '70s. Here their info of monthly real wage growth over the last year - https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf.

My bad for posting incorrect info. Not surprising that two government bureaus can’t get their fact straight though.

1970 - Nixon era. 2018 - Trump era. Unemployment bottomed both times. Is this a Tell?

Next stage is a stagflation if the historical pattern would repeat.

No worries, I think that obviously if someone has the necessary skills they can find a well paying job. However, it just isn’t as easy as the media portrays it to be and it ends up giving the public a false sense of reality in regards to the current state of the labor market. .

yep. i think teh bull market of late 1960 is where we are right now, and the 1970 is a real thing to watch out for. which is why i got into learning about real estate. imo if inflation skyrockets, id want to have a ton of fixed debt at a low rate, and an asset that will hopefully increase its earnings as fast as inflation.

just looking at the level of debt we have in a dollar denominated world, with a growing lack of fucks on opp, we should try to inflate our money and make our dollars worth less.

there was a piece on wsj, that noted that foreign ownership of us 15t treasury debt has fallen significantly, from 50% in 2013, to around 40% today! imo they are doing the right thing! us needs to start raising taxes, and cutting benefits. BRING on the austerity!

This is true. Additionally, for the first time in like 20 years, the net foreign purchases of US Debt turned negative recently. Where is the inflation going to come from though is what I ponder? Most fixed income/economists I read think even 2% expected is going to be aggressive.

Well ASHR is the winning bet this century.

We now see America’s admission that they are finished, they are panicking, the end is near. BUT, there could be WWIII between now and CN being the new global power. Gotta keep some ammo free for the global collapse. Defense, then offense.