Unidentifiable Intangible Assets vs. Identifiable Intangible Assets

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- . Like > an internally developed brand, you can’t clearly > assign a value to the asset and, in being > conservative, you cannot record it as an asset on > the balance sheet. AOL did, but that is another story, they massaged the numbers every quarter back in the tech days !

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I go with A. > > You can distinctly identify the acquired list as > an asset – therefore, it is IDENTIFABLE > I agree here

Daj have a look at the link I posted above

Guys, So, what is the answer- I think patent, list in this case is identifiable unlike goodwill. So will say A. S

saurya_s Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > So, what is the answer- I think patent, list in > this case is identifiable unlike goodwill. So will > say A. > S customer lists are identified intangibles. They get tossed onto the balance sheet of the acquirer. the 15,000 cannot be tossed in tho, with the 50K – I think the 15K is just an expense on the income stmt