Unite for a Valid Complaint! Make Our Voices Heard!

I do agree that there is some difficulty inherent to the format of Level 2. It indeed would be easier to answer the questions if you don’t have to flip between pages just to look at the given and the figures relevant to the problem.

However, I felt that CFAI did its best to reduce this problem. You could feel whenever a paragraph is related to the paragraph before it or not. You could stop reading as soon as you feel that there is a topic change within the vignette. It’s almost as if L2 is just a reformatted L1–the relevant information to answer the questions are collated, but the order stays the same. You wouldn’t have to jump from one paragraph to another just to answer one question.

If you tried Schweser mocks, the exam is already an improvement in that respect. Some info needed to answer Schweser questions are spread among three paragraphs that are not even remotely close to each other.

Also, you could always get used to flipping between pages and the sound of it if you had answered practice mocks.

I second that ! There was a lady next to me who kept banging her metal bangles on the table when flipping pages. It was soo annoying.

Forget it. I’m actually for flipping pages. Why? Because it makes the exam that much more stringent. I was annoyed as feck flipping pages during the L3 AM section, but the experience amplifies the tough environment.

I wouldn’t be utterly pissed if they began supplying one-page vignettes, but I’d vote against it. In a lot of ways, flipping pages completes the exam.

might want to check for signs of OCD

lol

Why don’t they just give the text and the questions in separate booklets ?

Agreed - this is kind of stupid, OP. The page-flipping gets considerably worse at L3 when you have to move around 2-3 pages for templates/lined answer pages. May god help you…

`

the key is managing to flip your pages in such a way that doesn’t make the proctor think you’re giving morse code signals to the person three rows behind you.

hahaha… It wasn’t really a big deal for me flipping a few pages for L2, had plenty of times left, it’s amazing in this day and age CFAI is still killing trees and don’t have computer tests… CFAI’s EBIT must be like 90% or something ridiculous with their cost-savings.

In the real world, you’ve gotta flip back and forth between the pages…

If page flipping is a serious issue, maybe don’t pursue a designation with around 9,000 cumulative pages of reading?