USD or MXN PESO

Hi, i am going to Mexico next week and not sure whether I should exchange AUD to USD or MXN PESO or both. Anyone got any advice? Thanks.

this isnt the eurozone…its an entirely different country with a different currency. Luckily you will be robbed of either so it wont matter

If you already had USD, you could get better deals on some items than you will with Pesos, but since you have to exchange no matter what I would just go with Pesos. I would just bring a small amount of Pesos with you to cover cab fare to your hotel, a coffee at the airport, etc. and then use an ATM to get the rest of what you need. Check with your bank to see if they have an agreement with one of the major Mexcian banks so you can use their ATM without a fee. You will generally get a better exchange rate that way. Good idea to use your credit card as much as possible too, assuming you have a card that doesn’t charge an exchange fee.

c@Brisbane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, i am going to Mexico next week and not sure > whether I should exchange AUD to USD or MXN PESO > or both. Anyone got any advice? > Thanks. Neither one. Polish Zloty (PLN) is your best bet.

Thanks guys for the advice. I was thinking of exchanging some MXN PESO and some in USD here before I go. AUD currency is pretty strong at the moment. Higgmond, I do have a credit card but will incur exchange fee if use over there. :frowning: bank fees, i hate bank fees.

It depends where in Mexico. If you are going to a tourist destination like Cabo San Lucas or Alcapulco the dollar is the standard and the peso is secondary. If you are backpacking through the farming towns, the peso is the standard. Regardless, don’t carry much cash on you.

Hi 1morelevel, I will be going to Merida and Mexico City. I won’t be carrying much cash on me but just enough to cover small costs e.g. taxi, coffee By the way, can you / anyone recommend some tourist attractions for Mexida and Mexico City beside the pyramids?