Using race as an excuse to trigger a street war..

I do believe the majority of the US is listening and debating how to solve these complex social issues - We ourselves are a good sample of what’s happening, not the media’s interruptation.

Why was my dad/brother “fleeing” from the cops?

^ It shouldn’t matter. But in this case his tail light was out.

That’s percisely the point, IT DOES matter.

!, You were the one that asked how would you react if your family member was killed by the police. I gave you an example of someone who actually is going through it. But you’re right they are not the arbiter of social justice, just like if I sought to act out violently after this happened to my family would not make me an example of acceptable action.

2.No the entire city is not in rubble but “a couple of buildings” includes the houses of innocent and impoverished families. Should not be considered acceptable collateral damage.

1. I think after all of the tragic examples recently of police targeting and fatally harming black citizens the country was listening and wanted social change. We’ve discussed this after every incident starting with Ferguson. But when things like this happen it hurts the cause instead of promoting it. When protests deteriorate into violent roaming gangs, beating people, robbing people and taking selfies while looting, the original cause gets muddied. When two innocent cops are killed for being white and in uniform in NY by someone seeking revenge the nation chooses sides. This is not helping anything.

Must be why the officer got charged with homicide.

Yes, but what change has actually come out of each of the prior cases? Just a bunch of people talking. If some stuff burns, maybe it drives action.

Black Swan vs AF.

An unmovable force vs. apathy and just wanting to talk about boobs and Indians.

I’m with Black Swan. Howard Zinn’s “A People’s History of the United States” cites numerous examples of how real change is usually brought about with “blood.” It’s the unfortunate truth. There comes a point where peaceful protests just pale and fade away.

Your argument doesn’t make any sense. It’s not about “black america” stepping in line. It’s about respecting the laws that exist regardless of your race. There is no excuse for breaking laws because you’re not happy about something. Feel free to go down there, throw a rock, torch a car, and get your azz beaten and hauled to jail.

And don’t even try comparing where we are today against the world war era or the boston tea party when the idea of govt was still up in the air.

Yeah man, how dare slaves try to escape the south? Or a black man try to marry a white woman in the '60’s, or drink from a white fountain or sit in the front of the bus! Gotta respect the laws that exist regardless of race. Right on!

Grow a spine. Even peaceful protestors like Ghandi and MLK get arrested.

You guys are talking about how things should be, ideally. Peaceful protests should be taken seriously by the establishment and cause them to introspect and change their ham-handed ways.

Black Swan is talking about how things are in reality in today’s America. If stuff burns, the authorities feel an urgency, if you just talk, no one cares. The looting and the Crips+Blood threats have lit a fire under the government’s bum which must be sore until now for sitting on it for so long. That’s the way it is, whether you like it or not.

EDIT: I think his Boston Tea Party comment is right on. Exactly the same elements. Property destruction to protest having no voice.

Since we’re conjecting a theoretical situation involving my father running (without cause apprently) from an officer with an unfortante murder from the real world. Here’s what could happen to my dad/brother (or are they both there?) if they decided to run, the concluding results are all pretty bad - expect for 1) but it has the lowest probability.

Likely outcomes from running from an officer:

1. Escape unharmed

2. Arrested, likely (significanlty) injured in the process

2a) Even if ‘innocent’, you’ll be arrested and likely injured

3a) Possibly die (shot from the back or shot from the front - dead either way)

Root cause analysis: do not run from cops, especially important if you haven’t done anything wrong.

BS is alright in my book any day. vodka shots on me.

BS = BSD

Totalian governments love spineless sheeple like you. Again, the officer murdered a guy over a tail light and is now charged with homicide. If you can’t see a problem with the officer’s actions you may have a problem.

Cobain’s Vandalism Strat

Im here in Baltimore and its been very hectic these past few days. Most offices downtown, including mine, were closed today. I was up late last night vigilantly monitoring the situation and it was just completely surreal. The police scanner was going absolutely crazy throughout the night and reports were popping up all over the city. I could smell the smoke from the 3rd alarm fire from a few miles away. Luckily, the area where i live is one of the nicest areas of the city and was untouched. But, its disturbing and sad to see what was happening in other areas of the city. No excuse for these actions whatsoever. Disgusting.

Very somber mood here in Baltimore today. Our city is being set back many years by these riots and the image is being tarnished severly by this on national news. Baltimore is a great city, but it definitely has its demons.

Also, our mayor is an absolute joke. She should have had more resources on ready standby including the national guard, and they should have been deployed much sooned.

Hopefully tonight will be much calmer.

Nice to know someone still loves me.

Joking aside, that specific incident where the officer shot that person in the back was pretty disturbing to read about and even more so when I watched the video. There’s been almost zero media hype about it as it’s clear he was 100% in the wrong and he will pay for his actions behind bars. The majority of these other incidents involving officer led killings always seem riddled with contingent information that makes it difficult to really analyze who was more in the “wrong” and how to resolve it in a matter that prevents it from being repeated in the future. The “suspect” is almost always running from the cops, carrying some sort of weapon, drunk, uncooperative or was involved with some recent robbery or assualt.

Not trying to say these people deserved to die via the hands of the law but it’s not a good enough reason to burn down cities and rob people. A lot of this issue can be resolved through mutual respect on each side, this would at least help mitigate the risk officers face and the risk citizens face from officers.

If it were my father/brother - as you intially tried to bait me with - I would definitely be upset over the death and would expect the officer to go to jail for life. But I would like to think I would want to understand why the hell was he running away from the officer in the first place which like I said earlier is a common theme in these deaths.

That sounds really inconvenient. Hopefully the mayor and National Guard can get the blacks back in line so their problems don’t interfere with your morning commute or the city’s image tomorrow.

Another reason there was little media hype was because the officer shot the victem on Saturday and on Tuesday the mayor stated that he would be charged with murder and on the same day he was.

In Baltimore nothing was done. After two weeks of restraint, things went off. I really do believe that virtually any corrective action taken by the mayor, even pushing through a bill on mandatory body cams would have avoided all of this.