USTA. What's wrong?

It is not the 6th most popular sport like it is here jackass. It is the 2nd or 3rd in most other countries . I’m speaking Eastern Europe and china.

2nd or 3rd in Europe is pretty much like 6th in the US jackass. Even in China, they care more about basketball, soccer, and table tennis. Badminton is probably bigger there than tennis.

wtf does minority sport even mean?

Other than the 60’s & 70’s when Australia had 1/2 a dozen guys winning almost everything, when has any country really ever been dominant in tennis (post WW2)? Someone offered up Spain as currently being dominant, but that’s basically just Nadal, as Ferrer has as many career GS victories as me. The only country to even come close to being dominant since the Aussies is the US and they did that 2x with McEnroe/Connors and then with Courier/Agassi/Sampras. You could potentially throw Sweden in there too with Borg/Wilander/Edberg.

Basically the Americans suck at anything the world bothers to play.

Couldn’t play real football and rugby so went and invented some shit hybrid called American football.

Couldn’t produce a decent Formula 1 driver so went and created some shit merry go round called Nascar.

#America, the brave.

Yeah, that must be why we have over twice as many Olympic medals than second place CCCR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table

LOL isildurr do you always comfort yourself with self affirming fantasy…or is it that you can’t fix stupid. Or both!

The “merry go round” of the Indianapolis 500 predates both Formula 1 and NASCAR by like 30 years.

Auto Racing and Boxing are the only real sports, the rest are just kids’ games.

Bwahahahaha. Yeah, cause besides a few wealthy Euro countries and a couple of outliers I’m sure kids world over are interested in garbage like eight rowing and women’s volleyball.

But whatever pal, USA! USA! USA!.

Formula 1 is just rebranded Grand Prix racing which has records dating back to 1901, a solid decade before Indy 500.

Formula 1 had to move this year’s United States Grand Prix up a week because the original date conflicted with a UT football game. That tells you how important F1 is here.

I wish tennis (as a sport) had a great american player in the mix with Fed/Nadal/Djoker/Murray. This has been a golden age for men’s tennis and to not have an american player in the mix has been a real shame. Federer/Nadal/Djokovic have taken the sport to dizzying heights. In fact, the sport is as exciting as it has ever been, but the absence of a top american man has really hurt the sport from a global/TV perspective. For tennis to truly thrive, the sport needs top americans and I hope the USTA can turn things around.

Out where I am in Norcal white kids dont even really play anymore. High school teams are now mostly asian and indian kids