Utility of CFA and how it will help build my profile

Tickersu

I am done with my MBA five years back from a prestigious university. I know many people doing PhD and others doing CFA charter. Some of them started pursuing CFA charter and then shifted to PhD-Finance after facing difficulty in passing CFA exams (and now they are pursuing theor PhD program smoothly with no delays). I also know post graduate master students who attended a derivatives course with a Ph.D graduate and a CFA and found a huge gap between both favoring the CFA (not necessarily a reflection of population but at least this is an experience). These are some of my experiences about the subject.

I am not saying that one is more prestigious than another as there are many factors affect this. However, I am for one, supporting the fact that pursuing a CFA is harder than a PhD (at least in most cases).

In addition, the PhD programs vary from easy to difficult. You can get your PhD in three years from a moderate university and at the end of the day you are called a Doctor. However, there is one and only one provider for CFA charter.

What bias or biases does the above investor exhibit? (5 minutes)