Wall Street 2 - how much of the movie was real ?

^ That Gala was terrible. Seemed more like a jewlery show. Maybe 5% of finance is ever near that kind of wealth. What a missrepresentation.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ > That Gala was terrible. Seemed more like a jewlery > show. > > Maybe 5% of finance is ever near that kind of > wealth. What a missrepresentation. I hated that they had all those close ups of their earrings.

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I hated that they had all those close ups of their > earrings. Why? You went there with your girl and she asked when she could expect her share after the movie?

Just saw this dud on Friday. The movie was pretty anticlimactic and lacked direction. Gordon’s role was mixed and came off more as antihero. I don’t think he really showed up until about 20-30min in. Even then his role was kinda mute and didn’t make much sense. Ex/ he steals $100mm from his daughter then at the end asks her if he can be a father again? Was Oliver Stone just desperately trying to end this thing? I don’t really understand Shia’s role. Was he an IBanker? A trader? Was he some cutthroat Wall St. guy or a eco warrior? The movie also appeared to have some weird green agenda, but I really couldn’t follow that one too well. Anyway, not really putting my thoughts together too well here, but, save your money. There was nothing memorable or quotable from this like the first one. As someone else pointed out, the best part is when Bud Fox shows up and that only lasts for 15sec or so.

i watched the movie this weekend. It was ok. But the girl wasn’t hot at all. they should have put a real hottie on there. throw in sasha grey, that would have made it better. I am really hoping she makes it in the big time.

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But the girl wasn’t hot at all. they should have > put a real hottie on there. if they cast pauly d and snooki it would still be #1 box office

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FrankArabia Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > But the girl wasn’t hot at all. they should > have > > put a real hottie on there. > > if they cast pauly d and snooki it would still be > #1 box office Im sure there will be a jersey shore movie

the first firm was clearly bear…doesnt anyone remember the $2.00 offer then $10.00 final price for the equity that actually happened!!

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the first firm was clearly bear…doesnt anyone > remember the $2.00 offer then $10.00 final price > for the equity that actually happened!! Yes, even mentioned how the building was worth more than 2 bucks a share

yupe…i was thinking the same thing…

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Im sure there will be a jersey shore movie Wow, let’s hope not.

So do you think this is true ??? Especially if he is a friend of roubini who was the perma bear during the uptrend ??? http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/wall-street’s-celluloid-heroes-brolin’s-“evil”-addiction-labeouf’s-650k-payday-yftt_535447.html?tickers=^DJI,XLF,FAZ,GS,JPM,NWS,SCHW “Went to George Soros’ house for dinners. Hung out with Donald Trump and talked about real estate,” he says. “I’d hang out with Jim Chanos. Nouriel Roubini was like my closest friend through all of this.” If you think that is impressive, LaBeouf has substantially grown his $20,000 original investment. “I started at 20, I am at $650 today,” he says. No, not $650. He means $650,000!

of course its not true ! he’d drive half of us out of biz with those kinda returns !

saw movie today, it was ok. The kid says what his job is: energy prop trader

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How realistic was that fusion energy company? Bump.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > QuantJock_MBA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How realistic was that fusion energy company? > > > Bump. not. it was just thrown in there to generate some sexy keyword interest. its as plausible as jurassic park.