Well.. it's almost time

f2d Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > egomez83 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Damn thats SICK BRO!! SICKKKK!!! 10 hrs?? while > > some people put in 400 and still fail?? SICKKK > > BRO!! your a machine!! > > > 10 DAYS, so ~ 70 hours > > And I think I overstudied. > > I actually kinda felt like a sucker when I saw > that I got > 70 in everything, and realized I > could’ve put in half the effort and still passed. > > On the off chance I actually fail L2, at least I > didnt put too much effort into it. But I’d be > willing to give 10 - 1 odds that I’ll pass. I take back what I said.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > f2d, i’ll borrow money and take the odds, you > wont pass. > > But all you have to do is first prove to me, that > you haven’t been studying all this while. lol, i’d kill myself if i had to stare at this dry, boring material for more then a few weeks. I have no idea how people manage to spend months on this and still remain focused on it.

Which practice exam are you talking about? Schweser? Stalla? BSAS? CFA? Aristotle said “Give me a lever long enough and prop strong enough and I can move the world single handedly” You tell me you will give it your best shot & I am willing to bet you’ll pass. I definately salute your attitude. Cheers!

f2d, mind giving me your brain power a little bit?

schweser qbank, item-set questions only

What is your background that you learned all of this material already? This stuff isn’t exactly undergrad level finance. Better question - why did you learn it so thoroughly if you find it so boring?

If he passes, he either 1.) has been an analyst for like 15 years 2.) has photographic memory 3.) cheats by writing all formulas on his stomach upside down so he can read them during the exam 4.) got extremely lucky 5.) is Stephen Hawking’s son I’m going with 1 or 2, although part of me wishes it was 3 or 5

I am rooting for you f2d! … Go!

I am rooting for you… On the other hand I don’t think that trick is achievable for level 2

I got a degree in comp sci & buis, and been working for 2 years Going thru the exam topic areas… Ethics… easy 90%+ Quantitative Methods… I’m a bit poor in this Economics… one of my strong points, easy 80%+ Financial reporting… again, one of my big strong points (I got A’s in my undergrad accounting classes and I never bothered to crack the book. And by A’s I mean 98%+ on the exams when the curve made an A in the low 80s). easy 90%+ Corp Finance… Need to study Equity Investments… I have a good understanding of valuation and how all this stuff works. easy 70%+ Fixed Income… Good understanding of this, just need to study up a bit on it Derivatives… big strong point, easy 100% (only section of level I that I KNOW I got all questions right) Alt Investments… I worked at a hedge fund, so I got that section covered, need to study up on real estate, etc Port Management. Again, I understand shit like asset allocation very well. Will focus on this stuff a bit as well. So in the end, there’s only about 1/3 of the material I really need to study, and it’s not like I have 0 knowledge of it. As far as learning this stuff… Learning things as you go, say, through reading 10-Ks, trying to figure out if you’re getting a good deal on that call you’re about to write, or deciding whether a company is worth buying or not, is interesting. Cramming for an exam is not interesting, at all, especially when you already know the majority of the stuff. It’s just a chore that you need to go through.

if your so smart how come you aint rich?

I’ll take a wait and see attitude. Sounds like bleron’s back.

I put my stamp of approval on the TS. I suspect some trolling though. Just a hint to the TS : I notice that much CFA stuff isn’t what I would call “industry standard” if you will. So as much as industry experience is very valuable, the methods you need in level 2 are not exactly what you have been doing at work. You may very well pass while some people who have been studying 300 hours + will fail. It happens. Cheers.

f2d Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Going thru the exam topic areas… > Ethics… easy 90%+ ^ no comment :wink:

Well, given OP’s background, he probably has advantages on the quantitative materials. If his strength is in derivatives, that would be a plus too. The deciding factors I believe would be if his plan actually goes as anticipated (i.e. no pet / significant others / stomach ache interruption), if his memory retention is as good as he believes, and if his industry experience could really help him with the study. My thought is that the weakest chain in his plan is probably over-confident in the consistency between industrial works and CFA curriculum. So he may end up over-estimating his memory capacity (he ends up having to memorize two version of the materials) and thus cause a buffer overflow (you are in comp sci, aren’t you?). Let’s be optimistic about OP though and await his good news in August. P.S. I heard this story a long time ago, when an immigrant who had been driving for over 20 years in his life needed to get a driver license in the new country. He didn’t pass because he had been driving on the right hand side of the vehicle for the last 20 years and the exam vehicle had the driver seat on the left hand side.

If i flunk it’ll definitely be because of overconfidence (no arguments there) My only concern is that due to the format change they might make the MPS > 70… and since I’m only shooting for an 80 (2 std deviations above pass, 97.5% chance of passing), that could potentially be a problem

I believe the MPS change should be your last concern. Keep a watch out on the conceptual questions though, as they are the ones that are easy to confuse and hard to get right. That’s also one aspect neither your comp sci education nor your industry background can particularly help, because it is the CFAI version of the concept that counts on the exam.

Yeah, those “remember a term” questions are the hardest. Any question that involves calculations are generally the easiest. I think this time around for the practice tests, I’m going to deduct points for any question I guess on regardless of whether i hit it or not when going for my 80% target, since I’m not comfortable with counting a 33% chance correct guess towards my target

But anyhow, now that you have your plan settled. We can only wish you luck and await your good news in August. See you on Normandy.

Quick question - how do you know f2d hasn’t been studying for the past 6 months?