What Christmas Means To Me

Oh man… dont get s2k on the whole ‘is there a God’ question. I think we had this before where we had to disprove the existence of god, rather than prove the existence… We just got into some crazy debate…

^the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

who says there’s absence of evidence? It is literally everywhere you look.

If on Feb 16, a Chinese friend or colleague says “Happy New Year”, I will say “Happy New Year” back. If someone says “Happy Kwanza” I would say “Happy Kwanza” back. Do I celebrate new years in February or Kwanza in December? No. But saying “I don’t celebrate Kwanza” is more than a statement of fact. And so is stating “I don’t celebrate Christmas.”

I can’t do the whole “happy holidays” thing, I literally just can’t get the words out. Similar to saying pants instead of trousers.

Even more annoying is how English people say “Happy Christmas.” I find the exclusion of the word ‘Merry’ to be racially insensitive as my people celebrate xmas by being drunk constantly from mid November until about the 4th of January.

my idea of a perfect christmas. shut your mouths grinches. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXApbgOAaPc

Bump. Just wanted to read CS Lewis’s essay again.

I hate Christmas. You can’t drive anywhere. You can’t go to the store to pick up food to cook at home. But you can’t go out to eat. You can’t even pick up hemorrhoid cream because of the five hundred idiots crowding the drugstore. I can’t walk through my house without tripping over a Frosty or Rudolph. My wife has purchased so many gifts that we may not be able to pay the mortgage next month. We have spent almost every night for the past two weeks at some sort of stupid holiday celebration, or shopping, or wrapping, or some other “good tiding of great joy”. And now that we’re totally exhausted from shopping, frustrated, angry, and depressed, now it’s time start cooking Christmas dinner.

Somewhere in the middle of all the shopping, decorating, and wrapping, maybe we will find a little time to actually spend with family or celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Back when my son was little, I took him to the mall around X-mas time and he saw a huge blow up Santa on the way out. He looked at it and said “daddy can we have a big blow up cross for our yard. I want everyone to know Jesus and its only his birthday, not theirs.” I was never prouder, and they boy never even asked for X-mas gifts!

I’ll send you my recipe for eggnog.

Trust me: it will help. Immensely.

He wants to give you his eggnog, G.

^ i believe you put it in your mouth, G.

A great example showing that higher living standards don’t lead to happier people.

We are living in an illusion where we think that earning one more $ or getting promoted will improve your life.

The truth is that 99% of the users on a forum such as this one, are so well off (globally speaking) that earning more money will have a minuscule impact on happiness in the long run.

Homemade Xmas cookies!!! :+1: :heart: :kiss: