What color is the dress?

It’s funny that people take time out of their day to post “it’s stupid and not worth wasting my time on. I can’t believe people are actually talking about this.”

While I see the irony, the frustration is real. I just had to watch Crame talk about it this morning on CNBC.

^Oh, the humanity

I’m glad you get me.

It’s like Kim Kardashian. The more you talk about it, the more powerful it becomes.

I agree that it would be dumb to talk about it for a long time, or get into arguments about the color, but I think it’s fascinating that there is such a difference in perception! And it doesn’t seem to be a small minority that sees one color vs the other (I see white/gold btw), unlike the cilantro=soap, asparagus=stinky pee sort of differences.

I think it brings out interesting aspects of perception most take for granted

Whoa. Way trippy.

I just looked at it on my phone and it’s definitely black and blue.

The first time I saw it, it was most definitely blue and black, though I’ve seen other versions of it where I can see the white and gold. Not sure what has to change in order for me to see one vs the other. Supposedly, it has to do with how perceptive ones cones are.

The bigger issue, of course, is that the dress is friggin’ ugly in both tones.

I feel like this tells us something about that psychological question of “what if we go around seeing the color ‘red’ the way the guy next to us sees ‘green’,” but I can’t figure out what that is.

THIS!!! I am on vacation with gfs and one of them just won’t stop obcessing about it. And I can’t get away from her! This won’t end well

I’m back in my office looking at it on the same monitor I looked at earlier. Now it’s blue and black.

Wow.

It’s on the WSJ home page. The end is nigh.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewziegler/the-lion-king-eerily-predicted-the-great-dress-debate#.wgQryXzVw

Happy Friday, you get a +1 for me. I keep hearing about the dress. I just finally decided to click this thread. Wish I hadn’t. F this noise.

I couldn’t believe the time spent on this at the office today. From what I hear, it is happening in offices around the world. Global GDP shrank by $1.3 trillion today due to lost productivity.

'Is it football season yet?'

Bump. Because I referred to it in Yanny vs. Laurel.

And now the dress looks blue and black.

the dress has always look purplish blue and gold to me

I see the dress blue and black, as it is its real color…

People who see other colors has inferior eyes :grin:

Just kidding. If you see other color than blue and black is because your eyes are set with a different balance of “whites”. Apparently, people see the blue as almost white, and the black as gold, like the dress got “discolored colors”.

Flies away.

Soon the white dress people will be rounded into camps, as society can no longer tolerate their kind. Look what the blue dress has done to us.