What is still relevant from past Level III mock exams?

Sorry if I misled you - I meant PM mocks. No, not the sample item sets. These are past mocks in PDF form.

Ok cool makes sense, was thinking there were actual PM exams floating around somewhere and i was missing out on them! Thanks for the clarification.

some item sets will seem very familiar though. CFAI don’t like writing questions.

Is there an argument against doing the old morning papers? I did 2008 today and found that a lot of the questions were just kind of positioned differently, like would we be required to get into the nitty gritty of the PBO for institutional IPS?

I think 2006 Q 10 even question A is somewhat irrelevant.

1. Price impact
  2. Trader timing

I don’t really think these are in 2014 especially price impact part.

To clarify - these arent mocks, right?

This list relates to the ACTUAL historical questions, like the 2011-2013 actual essay questions listed on the CFAI website, right?

how about what is relevant in the pm sessions??

guys… i noticed (doing 2008 am) that when return is asked, the answer gives two return by arithmetic and by geometric approach. does it mean we have to give both calc or either one (arithmetic or geometric) is ok

2008 Question 11 is relevant! It’s currency Risk Management.

is question 9 of the 2007 exam relavant? iv never seen a question like that before? its falls under performance evaluation but I dont remember studying anything to do with the currency return for that section. can someone clarify please?

It was dropped. This came from Reading 42 SS17 “Global Performane Evaluation”. We’re lucky, that material was pretty nasty.

Bumping this Forward for the 2015 exam.

Can anyone give insight on what was dropped between 2014 and 2015 ?

Also, can anyone tell me where on the CFAI website one can get the old actual CFA exams ?

All I can find is this link :

http://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/candidate/Pages/practice.aspx

These are online tests grouped by topics.

Here, I am copying the post of a very helpful person who answered my question :

Go to CFAI’s website, then:

CFA Program—> About the Exam —> Level lll —-> then you’ll see the morning sections for the 2012, 2013, & 2014 exams.