What is the Best Way to approach Level II ?

oops guys you are scaring me… i just appeared in level-1 and if i pass (which hopefully i will) i will start study level 2 right away… level 1 was hard for me and as everyone said level 2 is harder… i must double my efforts… but these days just having fun till result … fingers crossed… sometimes i wish if they could release results earlier…

Yup it looks by the comments that Level 2 is a BIGGER MONSTER than Level 3

Why do you need more than 500 hours before using the CFA text?

I got over 70% on every topic on level 1 as well, but I never took L2 for granted :smiley: I had underconfidence for the entire time before the exam even. I was getting high 80’s in mocks, and I was still scared to fail. It wasn’t until I actually saw the real L2 exam that I was like “lol…”

L2 is my girlfriend. How dare you call her that.

Because Schweser’s better. If study hours are under 500, you have higher marginal benefit to studying Schweser.

How about 450 Hrs. How much of CFA curriculum do I add into the Mix? 20%?

Also if most people didn’t clock more than 500 hrs, does it mean they should have just studied shweser notes?

fail troll is fail

I don’t feel like throwing any advice as I am waiting my L2 results. But , starting early is always good.

There is no best way to approach L2, but this is what I used:

-Read CFAI books, did the end of chapter questions. Especially the ones presented in vignette form.

-Stalla lectures, videos, passmaster questions, flashcards, and read the study guides.

-Finquiz questions. These questions are a lot harder than the actual CFA questions so its a good way to get kicked in the balls a bit.

-John Harris accounting workshop.

-NYSSA 3 day review - a good way to brush through the material a few weeks before exam day.

-Schweser practice tests books - book 2 is usually harder; a good way to find your weak spots.

I’d say get really good at Blue Boxes and EOCs. I guess you can probably pass L2 just knowing them all by heart (as long as you understand them, of course).

Don’t fear burnout. I’m amazed at how many people say they will wait to study later so they can avoid burnout, and many them fail because they understudied. Just keep going and in my opinion you’ll have a much better shot at passing.

I feel Level 2 will probably be way harder than L1 for most people, and I also feel L3 is probably way harder than L2 for most.

L2 needs much more depth than L1, and I mean it. There was a huge thread for L1 vs L2 that is pretty interesting if you can find it. A lot of funny comparisons and some good ideas on what to expect.

As for L3, its results can be so volatile and the questions so ambiguous that you may be getting 90s on mocks and still feel unsure about the exam.

Y he no teach Lvl 3? Accounting is my weakest area, I think. It’s hard to remember all the little rules!

I didn’t take any practice exams for L1, only Qbank - about 1,500 questions and I passed. For L2 due to the question format being different I did the opposite and did no Qbank and only Practice Exams and end of chapter questions. Keeping fingers crossed on the 24th!

level 1 was nothing compared to the level 2…the stuff and the complexity of the stuff both dragged me hard…

i used the schweser notes and the videos on http://www.arifirfanullah.com/

they were good…dint need to refer to the curriculum much cuz the videos are a summary of the curriculum…

any1 else tried these videos??

whatever you use, try to understand the concepts and fundamentals and learn the material. You will be far ahead.

WayneINTJ wrote, If you really want to pass, put in an atrocious numbers of hours. I plan on putting in 800 hours for level 3, starting in October. I’m doing 3 passes through all the material: 1st pass will be Schweser videos, 2nd pass will be core curriculum, 3rd pass will be Schweser notes. I’ll do a lot of practice questions as I do each pass as well. Also, I’m going to make a list of things to memorize, and take a month to memorize all the formulas and facts that aren’t intuitive. And that’s what it takes to pass a level “for sure”.

Also, after the exam I plan on telling everyone how easy it was to make them mad.

WayneINTJ

donot be so sure 800 hrs will make Level 3 a cakewalk indeed.

First John Harris is incredibly overrated, don’t give him the 500$. Second to Wayne, you do realize accounting is not on level 3 right?

My real experience/lesson:

Start early and be PERSISTENT.