What kind of scores should I target on practice exams at this point?

From what I remember of the scores of AF members from 2010 and 2011 (my two cracks at Level I):

People were scoring slightly higher on the Schweser mocks than the Elan mocks. Some people were scoring in the high eightees too. But I think you should be very confident of passing if you’re doing 75%+.

You guys have a good month to go. You can easily boost your scores 5-10% by:

Taking more practice tests and checking where you made mistakes.

Committing all formulas to memory.

Reading EOC summaries/ CFA curicullum glossaries (very important but not mentioned enought over here)/ Eleventh Hour Guide/ Secret sauce.

Good luck!!!

First two schweser Mocks 80%. I’m taking my first CFAI mock Sunday and will provide a compariso

the scores u have mentioned, are these percentage or are these actual scores out of 120??

i was scoring in the low 80s, but easily passed. i think if you are scoring around 75 you are good to go, if you are scoring around 70, you’ve got a good chance and if you are closer to 65, then it will be close.

Hello,

Some of you guys are saying you got a 70 and some are saying you got a 70%. What number out of 120 have you guys been getting (as a percent)? I have gotten anywhere from a 75/120 to 84/120. An 84/120 is 70%. How would you guys say I’m doing? I’m not sure if thats good enough?

Thanks

I’ve seen people with solid practice test scores fail and people scoring in the 50’s pass.

That being said. General rule of thumb is mid to high 60’s on the practice tests means you’re in striking distance and a good performance will get you through. Scoring in the 70’s is good. You should feel happy scoring in the 70’s, you’ve prepared well and the odds are in your favor. High 70’s you should feel pretty confident, 80’s even more so.

Yo black swan, your previous profile pic looked so much better than this one.

Ouch, burn.

Black Swan,

I appreciate your words. So a 60-70 (not percent raw score) is close to passing. 70-80 is looking good. 80+ is a pass?

Thanks

I’m guessing he was talking in % terms, not points out of 120.

I meant percentages.

Mostly pasting a reply I posted in another thread.

There are a few things to bear in mind:

1. If you’re consistently scoring 70+% - that’s great as that’s a comfortable pass point, you don’t have much to worry about, but you do have to think about the next point.
  2. The actual CFA exam is slightly different to the Schweser mocks. Where the questions are the same ‘type’ (i.e. tests the same topics in the same format) CFA questions tend to be easier (Schweser tends to make you jump through more calculation hoops, for example), but there are quite a few curveball questions, mostly around conceptual material rather than calculations. This is a side effect of Schweser not actually covering some parts of the CFA syllabus in the interest of efficiency.
  3. I’d highly recommend getting the free mock from CFA Institute and using that as practice. Try not to keep your score on that paper as the definitive one however - instead try and use that paper to ‘calibrate’ your idea of what the questions are going to be.