What things have you bought that were more useful than you thought?

Mechanical keyboard.

It actually increased my typing speed and it feels good.

Wireless earbuds

expensive earbuds with detachable earbuds so I can rebuy cords cheaply

A neck pillow from Amazon that has a push pump that allows to inflate and deflate on planes

Weighted Blanket for sleeping

Mangroomer via Igor

nice one!

btw whats the weighted blanky for?

Tim Ferris always asks people for things they bought that were impactful on them. For Tribe of Mentors, he released a PDF of all the answers. I noticed one person said a weighted blanket and thought it was strange.

https://tim.blog/2017/11/18/under100/

A week or two later, I stayed at a friend’s house who had a denim blanket, which was quite heavy. I immediately noticed I slept better. It’s similar to wrapping a child or small dog - the compression simulates a hug or embrace of some kind. It also prevents tossing and turning by making it too difficult.

I did almost strangle myself the first day I use it. Half the blanket fell off the bed and the other half was wrapped around my neck. That was unpleasant

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20180402/seeking-better-sleep-under-a-weighted-blanket

1. Good suitcase with 4 wheels was a game changer.

2. Really comfortable shoes, including golf shoes, both from Ecco.

3. Padded, high performance socks for running. And, high quality non cotton underwear both for running and playing squash in tropical climates.

1. Anti itch cream for my ball sack
  2. MagiMix food processor… damn i love that thing
  3. A really good fleshlight

Wait what? You guys do your own hoovering and clean your own shower? hacksaw

What’s with you North Americans and not having detachable shower heads? How do women douche out their vag?

That sounds horrific

Good question. Let me ask several of my female colleagues in the office with that phrasing and I will report findings. Tanks.

Saw this on Penn’s campus like a month ago.

Rice cooker. Use it almost every night…just drop some rice, water, and seasoning in the pot and baam perfectly cooked rice in about an hour. You can leave the ingredients in the morning before work and set a timer to when you want it ready (dinnertime). Also, very easy to clean and maintain.

If you’re addressing the ladies directly I’d suggest softening ‘vag’ to ‘mimsy’

Instant pot does this plus 20 other things. Time to level up Brisco

i never have to show an id in cali. so they dont handle it. anyways these types of stuff on amazon is really cheap compared to say you local cvs pharmacy. those guys charge like 50 bucks while amazon is like 15 bucks or something even less.

1. Mini chopper. Never have to worry about crying from onions again!

2. Acer Predator 34" monitor with 3440x1440 resolution with Display Fusion software (available from Steam). Amazing to do spreadsheet work on and the software allows you to split your screen real estate into halves, 2:1, 1:2 and thirds (or whatever else you want).

In undergrad for econ, our prof was adamant that we get different coloured pens to draw supply and demand curves and their changes. I bought a pack of 8 different coloured pens just for that one class. So many years later and I still purchase them because they’ve helped me organize my notes and my thoughts in everyday business and somewhere down the road my mind just decided what each colour means.

But having to buy them repeatedly means they’re not a great value. Maybe very useful but basically the exact opposite of what OP was asking. Now, if you had one pen that featured 8 colors that never ran out, that would be handy.

This is some high school girl sort of stuff.

lol yea. da fuq. i used regular lines and dashed lines so i can tell and put d1 to d2. s1 to s2. arrows and shiet.

i also wrote really bad so the grader would just give me partial credit instead of deciphering the level of bs i wrote down.