What to Do after CA??????

I am realy sorry that i ask you a question, you started judging me like my dad paid money n i got practical experience certificate, indians cheats and turning into china etc.

let me clear you somthing i got practical experience certificate bcoz i have to work spare time in shop for getting money for my brother’s cancer treatment, in india in CA articleship we get only 1000/- rs. monthly, and thats not enough for me…

but i never stoped study and cleared CA, NOW i can get easily job in india but i wanted to go abroad so that i can get more money then in india.

I will work hard and will get job in india or abroad surely…

and “MYGOS” i will surely clear CFA EXAM ONE DAY…

sorry i came at wrong place…

bye…

pulling out the cancer card? if you worked legit, you worked. By pulling at that card, you make people think you’re trying to stretch

You should do cpa not the cfa.

I honestly am so shocked at the moral ambiguity displayed in that culture. To each their own. But there is zero respect for that in developed nations. “Yo its OK to cheat if it gets you ahead and you have a sob story.” Or, “I don’t like how much articling students get paid so I worked elsewhere and got someone to forge my docs.” Best of all, he posts it like its no big deal.

^Good on him for doing what it takes to get ahead, nobody asked for your lectures.

^ Yeah, screw ethics and morals. Let’s celebrate the success of cheaters. Oh wait, this guy is an unemployed bum. Wow. Great getting ahead. No one would hire this guy ever if he was honest in any recruitment process.

Why don’t you worry about your own life instead of lecturing others on an online forum about ethics and morals?

Because this guy is considering pursuing the charter, which happens to be something I worked hard for and I care about the integrity of. I don’t want guys like this putting the integrity of my work on the line. There is no room for guys that fake work experience and are OK with it in this group. And I’m directly addressing his post: he should stop wasting time collecting professional designations that he obtains through “dummy articleships”. And second, he wants a job in US or UK, two places where that kind of nonsense isn’t accepted. Not to mention he poorly reflects on other Indians that may be working hard and doing things legitimately by contributing to a stereotype that is now widely held in many western markets. If the guy doesn’t want such feedback, he shouldn’t post bragging how he faked his work experience. Its not like I’m picking on someone out of nowhere.

This is the career forum. If people only worried about their own lives here it would be empty.

All my best wishes are with you but hope you are not going to do so by using another fradulantly obtained Work Experience or some other unethical means and spoiling the image of other Indian (your motherland’s) professionals, who actually strived hard to obtain the professional qualifications not by cheating or unethical means like you. Yes, you are on a wrong forum, where everyones not only studies ethics regorously but also follow them.

@ Palantir said , "Why don’t you worry about your own life instead of lecturing others on an online forum about ethics and morals?"

Very simple reason is that he is, by his fraudulant action, tarnishing the image of a professional body awarding CA and putting in doubt the CA qualification of those who genuinely did CA by acquiring actual work xperience (despite the financial constraints). When someone proudly announces such accomplishment it enrages others who do not support such unethical means. The online reaction is obvious for online information by a so called professional - who is now a CA with full and final authority to certify any balance sheet as true representation of affairs and financial facts of his client companies.Is it that as long as it is not adopted to obtain CFA charter it is ok? The response is at least much less humilating than responses to any of the postings on PCP investigation (where the unethical practice is yet to be proved, while in this case it is a publicised unethical means adopted by him). Other than lecturing (and hoping he ceases to do so in future) what else can one really do to show their diapproval.

Become a CDO =Chief Dabbawala Officer. or you can get a job offering consulting advice to those who want to fake their job experience. Both will have good ROI

Unfortunately this has no relation. Especially once one is familiar with the true nature of the Satyam scandal in addition to the fact that Enron was a much larger scandal that took place in a country that supposedly doesn’t tolerate this yet were the inventors of modern piracy.

Flatly untrue. As a CA myself the Indian CA has high value in western nations like Australia and the USA where one is simply required to write a conversion exam that takes at most 3 months to prepare for before being eligible to practice.

People will believe what suits them though.

As a Canadian, a country that I am slightly familiar with, I can safely say that your outrage is simply because you cannot comprehend the subtle dynamics behind life choices such as these. I have no wish to defend the OP to a person with a myopic world view like yours but perhaps your moral outrage should be reserved for somethings like online piracy, torrents and a whole host of other issues that have originated exclusively from North American ‘culture’

imma side with mygos on this one.

Actually the Indian CA was one credential I would have regard for, but now that I now you can do a “dummy articleship” I may be more hesitent. This is one of my main points. These kind of people damage the brand for the rest of the folks.

There are a number of credentials that are held in high regard regardless of whether you value it or not.

Indian medical students are eligible to directly write the residency intern entrance exam without having to redo their undergrad. Indian engineers while are vast are number more often that not tend to be qualified.

Nevertheless,as a member of the ‘rest of the folk’ I have no issue with what he did. He played the hand he was dealt, maybe he needed to work to put food on the table, maybe a family member did indeed suffer from cancer, who knows? As an igloo dwelling canuck I can understand that you probably haven’t ventured beyond Europe and probably have never had to make decisions of such magnitude where in you are the sole means of survival for your family, in fact you’ll probably scoff at it as a sympathy seeking exercise but please do us a favor and keep your hypocritical false moral outrage to yourself.

Save it for your North American internet thieves.

Do you know that Indian CA exam papers are graded by people who are not CAs themselves??I have seen this with my naked eyes that CA paper graders generally take back papers to their homes and ask their wives/kids who are not CAs to grade them.CA institute gives answersheets to all graders to guide them in CA paper checking process.This answersheets are then given to their non ca wives/kids by CA examiners to grade the CA papes.Since CA is a subjective exam …i doubt how the markings are given by the non CA graders.

I have no problem with Indian CA …it has nice course content…but it is full of corruption…

An Igloo dwelling canuck? Priceless. If the kid wants to work in places with values similar to the Igloo (which he says he does), then he probably should be aware of the fact that folks hiring, like me, are going to punt his ass out the door if he talks about “dummy articleships.” Like I said, if that’s cool in India, then whatever, that’s up to India to decide what its values are towards ethical behaviour. But don’t be shocked when folks over here look at a resume from over there skeptically. That’s all. And I sincerely hope he doesn’t get the Charter as the ethics component is a big aspect, and someone that obtained another designation through such means has no business being in this group.

whoa whoa “an igloo dwelling canuck” come on now. I live in an igloo but what’s wrong with that?