What to expect from a full day interview

After an excruciating 3.5 month interview process, I found out that I did not get the job. They decided on someone who had more direct experience. F#@%!#& sucks and the damn weather here in the Midwest is making it worse.

I had great rapport with my contact person at the company. He was exceedingly apologetic when he called and said I was held in high regard with the people I interviewed with. They plan on staffing up in a different region in the next year and will keep me in mind. It’s probably the typical rejection chatter, but we ended up having a 15 minute conversation. Hopefully something will come out of it in the future.

Sorry to hear that. Many times, companies like more than one candidate but unfortunately, there is only one spot. I’m sure they would have liked to hire you if they could.

There are so few good credit jobs with good companies that it makes this rejection even more painful. At the same time, I know I’m super lucky to be where I am since I don’t have the credentials (no name undergrad, mediocre grades, no MBA). It’s also comforting to know that experience is starting to outweigh those shortcomings. I didn’t think I had a chance in hell at landing this job when I sent in my resume and to know I was so close to getting it gives me a lot of confidence for when that next dream job pops up. All-in-all, this interview process was well worth it.

Did they talk to your references?

best of luck next time.