What topics are you skipping?

I need to cover M&A topic from equities.

That’s in corporate finance you’ll never find it in equities

haha yes… maybe that’s why I haven’t done it yer

Punt at your own risk

This is my second attempt.

I left it till last minute last time, but passed well in FRA and Equity, got over 70% in Fixed Income without knowing a thing - all luck.

Punting kills your confidence - can only work if you know all the other stuff.

Now am a bit more prepared - done most of practice questions and doing mock this weekend - then revision till exam.

Ahah if I see quant showing up twice it’s not meant to be then. I haven’t seen quant twice on any mocks I have done so far (5).

Getting a gut feeling about 3 Fixed Income sets in the exam.

I hope!

I’m skipping the cost approach. That crap never makes ANY sense.

some days you’re adding the incurable cost, some day your subtracting the curable cost…

Guess B and move on. If I get it right, then all those who calculate it out are still no smarter than I.

I dont see why not? … its mostly published information and it changes year after year.

My guess is, there will be 2 ethics, 1 PM, 2 Alt, 4 FRA, 2 Corp, 2 FI, 2 Derv, 2 Quant, 3 Equities…

But what was it last year, and the year before that? tell us ceo10k?

I’ll say this…there was A LOT of derivatives tested last year. You can deduce from there :wink:

I don’t think I’ll be that lucky to max out derviatives. If they did it last year, probably this year FI will max out and they will minimize derivatives lol.

Has any one thought of a strategy if ethics showed up juicy and mostly in the grey area ?, well i am well prepared and i am scoring good on Ethics in Mocks, TTs , but this specific topic i am sure will not be an easy deal in the exam

Ethics is a hit or miss for me… The Live mock I did on Saturday, I scored 2/6 on the AM session and 6/6 on the PM session lol… The average was 44% on the AM ethics and 54% on the PM ethics session… go figure!

I think that’s too exam specfic… besides, it’s my advantage to have. It cost me an extra thousand bucks and 12 months. :slight_smile:

I can live with that. Haha let’s make it an options strategy vignette while we are at it…maybe equity swap or bond futures. Just no BSM…That is one I skipped the quantitative aspect on : (

I know underlying assumptions, how many calls to hedge portfolio of stock, calculate the hedge ratio but that’s about it : X

Scored >70 in those 3 Dervs vignettes last year also. Have no idea how. I did try extremely hard on them though

Alts and PM are pretty easy points at L2

Would love to see 4 equity and 3 CF

I would love to see 120 questions related to swaps

:stuck_out_tongue: