What was your best/worst trade ever?

Best: AAPL arond 8 dollars in 1998. Also my first trade.

Worst: GLD last year when I bought into the whole “safe haven” prophecy before people liquidated their positions to cover their other losses.

^^ gold is a fickle mistress. Sometimes it’s risk on, off, or neutral. Some say it trades like a currency (disagree) or like to trade it against silver or the miners but none of those are stable - if anything the only reliability with gold is it’s unreliability, which I guess is still useful, if not a tad annoying.

Worst, long calls on natural gas after June 2008. Taught me that at the time I really didn’t understand the market…much better understanding now, I think.

Best, ISRG in Feb 2009, held until recently. I actually made more money buying ENOC in Nov 2008, but that was a gamble and sold like 9 months later. ISRG was an investment.

Worst: bought CCME and held it to my better judgement. Should have sold at $22.

Best: Options on Jackson Hewwitt. Initial investment $55. Sold options 2 days later for $1500.00.

I bought nortel in early 2000…you can guess how that went for me.

Dayum. How many shares.

1. I was a kid.

Worst (stupidest): I bought CGA (China Green Agriculture) some reverse merger nonsense I didn’t understand because it had China in the name. Apparently their financials are bs and nobody is even sure that the company exists. At least I cut my losses on that one.

Best: Probably GLD as an investment. STX was a good one that I’m still in eventhough it got crushed recently. I would buy more right now, but its already a big position.

In March 2009 I almost picked up 1000 shares of Lululemon for $4 and change. Looked like a good growth stock with no debt and their pants make girls’ butts look good. I generally bounce ideas off my Dad because he’s a BSD, and he basically said “Meh, retail stocks are fickle, I stay away.” I could have paid for an MBA with that.